586,907 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Problems with fadal servo amp cards

Problems with fadal servo amp cards

Hi i wounder if any one can give me any advise as i am now starting to pull my hair out with frustation. Basicly i had a sevro amp fualt with the z axis so i swopped it with the x and y cards to make sure the fault followed the card which it did so i sent off to be repaired. When come back it worked briefly then poped the fuse on the card and now it keeps on popping fuses no matter what slot i put into (x or y) were as the other two cards work fine in all three slots. Could this be a dodgy repair, when i speak to the fadal engineers they recon the i need to do an insulation test to make sure theres no earth leak but if there was surely this would blow the other cards as well and not the same one every time. Any advise would be great, Cheers

Was it repaired at an authorized depot or was it 3rd party repair? I found many times faulty drive output transistors are replaced, but the cause is in the driver circuit and if not all taken care of the trouble returns.
    It sounds like an amp fault, if the Z motor works with other amps.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The repair was carried out by a 3rd party which specilize in sero repairs and are a well known company. I went through everything with a fadal engineer and we basically come up with it must be an amp fault which the repairers comfirmed when i sent it back and are now sorting out the problem. So that cleared that one up.