Hello,

As an electrician, i have installed a VMC – 25 CNC milling machine for friend of mine who is an engineer, when he bought the machine it was apparently working fine, but it had stood for a while!, when it was powered up, we checked the function of it and it appeared to work ok!

I left him to familiarise himself with it, and a week later i get a call saying it had all gone dead!

After checking all the obvious items, we still can’t get it to function, the clues are as follows:-

1. The battery within the Mitsubishi FCA 50M controller was dead, so it was replaced by the correct type, and voltage checked ok - still no machine function.

2. No motors run, No lights on the control panel illuminate, No relays energise, i.e. there appears to be no output from the controller

3. 24 volt rails checked ok

4. I can only get the monitor to illuminate if I override the contacts on RLY16 (24volt supply)

5. The Monitor then shows ”MO1 operational error”

6. In the history page on the monitor, I have checked that all the switches, limit switches etc. input the controller off and on ok, even the emergency stop button X017

7. The controller LED’s shows “AL flashes x3, 91, 00, 01” which equates to EMG (emergency stop)

8. I have gone through the “initialising” procedure ok, except I didn’t get the option to set the “controller type” or the “voltage settings”

9. All the parameters appear to be there (whether there are correct or not, I don’t know)

10. I would like to look at the ladder diagram, but when I press FO the monitor goes blank!

11. Both CS1 and CS2 are in position “0”

12. The EMG plug/socket on the controller has been checked ok and gets its signal ok

I would like to connect a laptop to the machine, will I need some dedicated software to do this?

If anyone can help, it really would be very much appreciated