586,444 active members*
3,164 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > moving an arrow 1000 4 axis

moving an arrow 1000 4 axis

Hi guys,
    It seems a local rigger is too busy to go outside of Jefferson Co. anymore and I need to get this machine moved from his warehouse.
    I have been waiting on them for 3 months and got this news last week. I understand their situation as supply and demand rules the economy
    and there are only two riggers left in this part of the world.
    I have used roll- back wreckers to move lathes in the past and would like to know if anybody has moved an 11,000 lb vmc this way.
    I am open to any and all suggestions you may have. The larger rigger is no longer an option after the vmc they moved here last year.
    Thanks again,
    Scott

Re: moving an arrow 1000 4 axis

Scott,
    I moved the Cincinatti Arrow 500 I have here to my shop from across town on the back of a larger rollback wrecker and it was a breeze. My machine only weighs 7k tho. I am sure with a large enough rollback truck they could do it but I would call around your local guys and ask them. Make sure you describe the machine and the balance and weight issues accurately they don't like getting there and finding something they did not expect. The guy who moved mine was an old pro and easily loaded and unloaded it safely and even was able to shuttle it into my shop almost halfway using the rollbed and then he was able to use the rear ram they use for cars that can roll on one set of wheels that sits under the bed to push the machine even further into the shop. I had jacked my machine up on top of some shop built 4x4 skids that I secured to the machine base thru the holes that are used by the large leveling screw feet on the machine. Worked quite well and I found that it made it much easier for him to slide it and push it without worrying about damaging anything. I would probably get some 6x6 or even 8x8 skids for your machine due to the much heavier weight. good luck man. Peace

Pete