586,531 active members*
2,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Free CNC Editor

Looking for a "FREE" CNC Editor to edit programs with no pop-ups, time limits or file size limitations? Predator is looking for feedback on the current release with any suggestions.

Visit our website to download the Predator CNC Editor Lite. This can be installed on as many PCs as desired and is a great tool for programmers, shop PCs, and operators needing to modify the NC program.

Look under the Support | Download Section and download the CNC Editor Software only. Complete the form and be sure to leave in the COMMENT Field on the form "CNCZONE".

The unlock code will be emailed to you. No SPAM will be sent or nagging sales rep to call. It just some to give back to all the group and say thanks.

www.cncnetworking.com

Shop Floor Automations Inc.
    877.611.5825 Toll Free

Thanks for the software gm3211. Slight hitch in getting the unlock code for anyone outside US/Canada -

" Thank you for contacting Shop Floor Automations. Unfortunately, Shop Floor Automations does not sell outside of the United States and Canada. Your request has been forwarded to Predator Software."

- so I await with interest.

John

38 Meg downlaod and it only handles files 50 lines long?

John S.

peu - Perhaps my post isn't clear.
    I have downloaded it succesfully, but it states that you will be emailed an "unlocking code". This is refused because of the quoted reason in my post#3.

John S. - did you do what I then tried - just installed the zip files, used the "demo" code which allow you 50 lines only ?
    Perhaps a proper access code will give us more ?

"Like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark"

Yes, downloaded 38 meg of zip code to get 68 meg of installed code that can do 50 lines.

All I can say is if people want a reasonable CNC editor with unlimited backpolt then have a look at Discriminator at http://www.cncedit.com

For most uses it will work without being registed but for what it costs it's worth it to keep support.

Usual no connection etc.

John S.

I downloaded the program, and I am still waiting on an email, with the unlock code!

Gary

It's been almost 24 hours since I filled out the registration form and downloaded the program and I, too, have not received an unlock code. I'm thinkin' that the email giving the unlock code is not automatically generated and we'll have to wait until business hours on Monday for a response.

Harry -you may have a good point for US, but it leaves the rest of us out in the cold (see my post #3).
    Please post if you get one. :wave:

I guess on monday we will know, I entered my details and the word CNCZONE in the comments.

If I receive the unlock code (I have no doubts I will ) I let you all know.

Thanks Shop Floor Automations !!

Pablo

Your asking for suggestions? Ok, If your planning on selling/advertising here on the Zone, Your price is way to high! ($250.00 for a limited version text editor) Everyone here is DIY/Hobby CNC. Most have little to no budget. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'll stick with Notepad!

I received the unlock code minutes ago, Im trying the software.

I would like to know if this version expires or what are its limitations.

Thanks Shop Floor Automations !!

Pablo

I don't know about you guy's, but now I have no backplotting! Either that or I am just missing something.

Gary

Just got the instructions to unlock. Will try, and post if it's different to the earlier experience.
    John

Yes, it's different - I can't do anything with it.
    I'm now deleting it all and re-downloading, and I'll try again.

Received the unlock code but haven't had a chance to try it. If anyone else wants to give it a go see a copy of the 'reply email' below for a download link, the installation instructions, the unlock code(s), and contact info for Greg at Shop Floor Automations, Inc.

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest in Predator Software Products. We appreciate the opportunity to present our products and services to you and have would like you to remember our company in the future by using our FREE CNC Editor Light version.

The Predator's CNC Editor Light is based on the simple to use Microsoft interface. This simple, yet powerful interface will let you quickly edit a part programs, search and replace, add or delete sequence numbers, print the NC program and more. With the CNC Editor Light, you can use a text editor better than Windows Notepad.

To download the Free CNC Editor Light software, visit our web site at www.shopfloorautomations.com under the download section. Download the software CNC Editor zip file to a temporary directory and use the password "portland" to unzip the file (Note: Winzip is required and can be obtained from www.downloads.com). Once unzipped, select and RUN setup.exe file in the temporary fold where the CNC Editor was placed. Follow the online instructions and select the default paths requested by the installation program. Once installed, input LIGHT as the serial number and leave the access code blank. This software can be loaded on as many computers as you wish and we encourage you to share it with others.

Should you have any questions about installing the software, the capability of the software, or would like to consider our products in the future, please feel free to give us a call at (877) 611-5825 Toll Free. Again thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Greg Mercurio

Shop Floor Automations, Inc.
    5360 Jackson Drive, Suite 118
    La Mesa, CA 91942

Phone: (619)461-4000
    Fax: (619)461-5918
    www.shopfloorautomations.com

Predator Software Distributor
    Providing Sales, Service and Support
    Enjoy,
    Harry

Predator Editor Update

Sorry everyone for the confusion. I did not expect such response and our email server was not really prepared for the inbound of email requests. We did setup an "auto-reponse" to automatically reply (to eliminate manual responses) but it failed because of the over load.

Some points to clear up:
    1) The version you download is NOT a demo! If you use the serial #: light
    it will provide an unlimited # of lines and complete use of the product with no time limit.

2)Don't use DEMO as the serial #. This will limit the function.

3)If you are outside the US/Canada, don't worry, you can still use it and have a free copy. Our system just replies that SFA does not SELL outside the US. But in this case, we are not selling and looking for feedback.

4) Share it with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gm3211
    ... If you use the serial #: light
    it will provide an unlimited # of lines and complete use of the product with no time limit.
    So you're basically giving away the full version? Just for feedback?

WoW!
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thumbs up

OK re-downloaded the program.
    Went thru what GM stated above and used light as the code.

What am I looking at ?
    Loaded a program and couldn't see what to do with it other than renumber it.
    Tried help and found backplot, it says go to file and select backplot, but no backplot listed under files.
    Found adjust spindle speed under help.
    It said go to Process and select spindle speed, did that, no spindle speed listed.

Started working down help and so far every command I have selected, comments, block skip etc, etc is missing from the menu's

So unless I'm sadly mistaken it's a 45 meg version of notepad.

John S.

John S - you're ahead of me by about ten minutes.
    Exactly the same conclusions.

John

Page 1 of 2 12