586,980 active members*
4,026 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > What's going on here?????

What's going on here?????

OK, cutting two profiles, the profiles are the same other than the length of the part. I am cutting these on a fixture, but both parts are not coming out the same. I looked at the g code and the second part is not using the same code as the first part (the first part is correct). Starting at line N235 the discrepancy start. The start of the radius X value is different, on the next line the I and J values are different. On line N241 there is an extra G02 move, this doesn't appear in the first parts code. Not too sure where the problem is, any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought that possibly the second profile wasn't exactly the same as the first, I copied and translated the first profile and the same thing seems to be happening.

Something funky going on with the .4750 rad. locations.

I deleted them and redefined using the Arc > Fillet command with trim selected.

Reselect geometry and recompute and your numbers come out correctly and the extra move went away. (at least it did with my post)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-15_1647.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	175083

I think there was something with the geometry, I played with it a bit and I got the same radius for both parts. Thanks, Ron