586,471 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

v25 Simulation

Here is a quick overview on some of the new features found in V 25's tool path Simulation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzFx2GkcEs&sns=em]Advance Simulation - YouTube[/ame]
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

al, do you get the advanced with 3 axis mill pro or with the fourth axis pro.

It comes standard with V25, so everyone can use it!
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Thanks Al, figured out where to simulate the tool path without back plotting
    the g code reading other posts.
    Thanks for the reply David.

Al.....correct me if I'm wrong:

There is no way to see any G-code while simulating.

And thus, the step forward command in simulate doesn't represent "Single Block" but rather just arbitrary steps in the simulation.

Is there a known issue with the presentation feature within the simulation or am I just doing something wrong? I can run simulation without any errors but when I try to run a presentation, I "save as" to my desktop and when I double click that, I get an "invalid collision pair:tool, stock" and it freezes. I have to go to task manager to end task. Seemed like it worked fine in the professor videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jemarkey View Post
    Is there a known issue with the presentation feature within the simulation or am I just doing something wrong? I can run simulation without any errors but when I try to run a presentation, I "save as" to my desktop and when I double click that, I get an "invalid collision pair:tool, stock" and it freezes. I have to go to task manager to end task. Seemed like it worked fine in the professor videos.
    Yes, this is a known issue with Build 769, it used to work OK in Build 678 and hopefully there will be a "fix" for this soon.

Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Yes, this is a known issue with Build 769, it used to work OK in Build 678 and hopefully there will be a "fix" for this soon.

Regards
    Rob
    Thanks Rob.

The movements in the simulation are positions passed from bobcad. This is not the Gcode , but rather just the xyz positions generated by Bobcad.

I have a question on the "Pro" simulation. Will it recognize "dog leg" style rapid positioning or does it default to linear rapid positioning?

This link may explain what I mean if it isn't obvious: Proven Tips, Tools and Tactics: Understanding G00 « The CNC Project

A G00 command tells the machine to move to the destination point as fast as it can without regard to feedrates. However not all machines move the same way and this an important consideration to keep in mind when programming rapid moves near obstacles.

Imagine you program a rapid move 5 inches along the X axis and 5 inches along the Y axis.

G94 - Sets the mode of the motion to be in inches per minute.
    G00 X5 Y5 – Rapid move to point X5 Y5

If both axis have the same rapid rate of speed the tool will move at a 45 degree angle.

Simple enough. But now imagine you program a rapid move 10 inches along the X axis and 5 inches along the Y axis.

G94 – Sets the mode of the motion to be in inches per minute.
    G00 X10 Y5 – Rapid move to point X10 Y5

At maximum speed for both axis, the machine will travel at a 45 degree angle for the first 5 inches along each axis, then move 5 inches along the X axis only.

Traveling along this dogleg is the fastest way to get to the programmed point. But, it also is a little harder to predict when trying to avoid obstacles.

The other possibility is that the machine could make the rapid move in a straight line instead of the dogleg. It is slightly slower, but a little easier to program rapid moves around obstacles.

When the factory sets up the CNC machine, they can set up the machine to do either straight line rapid moves or dogleg rapid moves. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW WHICH TYPE OF RAPID MOVES YOUR MACHINE IS GOING TO MAKE!