586,596 active members*
3,221 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help required for grade engrave (greyscaling)

Hi folks,

Im stuck,

Have emailed the supplier of my machine and so forth and am having no luck

I have a simple 40w co2 laser cutter / engraver, have owned it for about 2 years now, I use lasercut 5.0 as supplied with the machine and it seems to work fine for cutting engraving and so on.

I only in the last week tried to grade engrave, that is burn an image of a picture into the wood, the machine keeps rejecting whatever picture I give it, grayscaled, 1bit 8bit etc.

Can anyone give us some advise on what I Might be doing wrong, or can anyone give us a sample picture to try and gradeengrave with to check if its my machine or the software for prepping the job.

PS I use corel draw for outputting the greyscaled image

Thanks

Steve

Do you have the laser set to start immediately? (there is a little check box in the software)

I know that sometimes if that box is checked and your laser head is in the home position the machine will give you a soft stop as it thinks the engraving will be out of the work area.

That was a little frustrating for me initially.

for the control system

Quote Originally Posted by simso View Post
    Hi folks,

Im stuck,

Have emailed the supplier of my machine and so forth and am having no luck

I have a simple 40w co2 laser cutter / engraver, have owned it for about 2 years now, I use lasercut 5.0 as supplied with the machine and it seems to work fine for cutting engraving and so on.

I only in the last week tried to grade engrave, that is burn an image of a picture into the wood, the machine keeps rejecting whatever picture I give it, grayscaled, 1bit 8bit etc.

Can anyone give us some advise on what I Might be doing wrong, or can anyone give us a sample picture to try and gradeengrave with to check if its my machine or the software for prepping the job.

PS I use corel draw for outputting the greyscaled image

Thanks

Steve
    as what your said . the problem must be the control system . there is no good way to judge where is wrong . the board or the software .

maybe you can ask for a new software and install again . and see if everything is ok , or there must be the main board or cable problem .

what is the brand of your control system . maybe i can send you the software

and if you need other control system i can supply . i have all the parts about laser machine .

tubes .lens .mirrors .... . control system , i have moshi ,mpc6515 ,mpc6535(mpc6565) ,rd320 ,awc608 ,awc608c ,ph-03 controller .

Msn(email): [email protected]

Frank