586,096 active members*
3,689 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread commands on 6T control

Good morning from South Africa. I have recently purchased a Hitachi Seiki with a 6T control.
    I need to run a Job that requires a M42 thread with a 4,5mm pitch over 60mm.
    Can anyone help me with the thread command block as I always seem to get the speeds wrong and the machine sends an alarm. Is there a specific rartio or formula that is used to determine the speeds relative to the feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Guedes
    Good morning from South Africa. I have recently purchased a Hitachi Seiki with a 6T control.
    I need to run a Job that requires a M42 thread with a 4,5mm pitch over 60mm.
    Can anyone help me with the thread command block as I always seem to get the speeds wrong and the machine sends an alarm. Is there a specific rartio or formula that is used to determine the speeds relative to the feeds.

1/Lead X spindle speed = feed rate for threading. But be carefull you need to make sure your spindle speed is not outside the max feed rate your machine is capable of

Exsample 1/2 X 13 Thread 1/13=.07692 (Distance of 1 rev of pitch)
    .07692 X 650RPM = Feed of 49.998 In/M
    Or the .07692 is the P value in your G76 again make sure your prgramed speed will not take you outside the machine feed limits

Oh and do noty forget your parameters for your G76 cycle for depth of cut and finins pass and clean up pass. On a 16t they start at 5140 and I can not remember on 15 if it is the same or not. I think the 15 series is closer to the 6.10, and 11 series. Check your parameter manual for those :wee:

Bluesman

thank you