587,030 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Changing the order of operations?

Basically I'm looking to change the order of operations for how my piece will be cut.

Background info, I am operating a router, and I am cutting 1/8" thick sheet of ABS plastic.

Basically I want to cut a rectangle with two holes in it. I'm a newbie, so I'm starting with something simple. I would like to cut right through the plastic, no pockets or anything.

I set up a profile operation in solidcam that did what I wanted. I was able to select each profile (circle1,circle2,rectangle) and then figured out how to step down the cut 1mm depth at a time.

Then I wanted to explore how to set up other operations such as HSM to do what I want. When using HSM, I figured out how to get my step downs and set my boundaries (the stock), however, it orders the cut as follows. Circle1, rectangle, then circle2. I would like the interior circles cut first because of my limited method of clamping the stock at the moment.

How can I change the order so that the circles are cut first, and then the outer rectangle is cut?

Thank you!

Anyone?

Ideally you would do simple profiles as how you first tried to, with the 2.5D profiles.
    Must think of the HSM modules (HSR/HSS/HSM) as "saying machine everything within the boundary", to which SolidCAM will produce a toolpath based on its deciding parameters - and order is not up to the user to decide.
    You are throwing your target at SolidCAM and saying "produce" with HSM.
    SolidCAM has many processes, and they all have a function. From my experience the simplest function is generally the best to use in SolidCAM.

Another way

Another way is to program the two holes first and then write another program to machine the profile.

1.) Open the geometry for that operation (like you were going to create another chain)
    2.) Grab one of your chains and drag it to the correct location.

Let us know what helped.