Hi,

Starting a new thread for the hardware issue I am facing right now. Hope this thread will help me in fixing oil leak issue and will also help folks in the future with similar issue.

I do have Novakon Torous Pro mill for couple of months and using wood to practice cnc/milling and guess am ready to move to metal as soon as oil leak issue is resolved and I can use the coolant.

Is the issue real or am I too picky. I know machines do have some oil. I cleaned the machine pretty good about 4 days ago and in four days I do have enough oil on the tray to soak at least four paper towels. Beside the tray, I also cleaned all the visible oil joints and did not see any joint with excessive oil on it. Also cleaned all the ways (hope this is the correct terminology).

Pump lever do take some force coming down but it does go back very very quickly. I did get some input from other thread which will require me to take apart the pump. First step would be to loose nuts for two lines on two sides .... so the first question ... will oil just come out if I loose line nuts and take apart the oil lines? plan is to take the pump out, empty it and then work on input from other thread on screen, gasket, rubber ring, spring etc.

Novakon is been good to me during machine set up and I am in touch with them on this issue. Novakon advised me to use heavier oil, which did not help. Hope to hear from them after the break.

Happy holidays.

Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilleak12242012a.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	173647

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilleadk12242012c.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	173650