586,299 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shaking Problem On My Laser Machine

Hello
    I just bought this Laser/Engraving Machine
    I used 2 days and everything was perfect
    Today when it was cutting it started to shake when the Y axis try to move.
    Its not moving at all.

here is the problem in the video on the link

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/981...lonhwpcydv.mp4

please help me

Belt too tight or too loose?

IIRC, it should only move up and down 10-20mm.

belt is little bit loose but machine arrived like this to me.I mean for 2 days it was working in this situation thats why Im not sure about belt.
    Im suspicious about drivers but Im not sure

Can't tell much from the video but my best guess would be the belts jumping teeth, if not then I'd suspect a driver card. If possible switch the X & Y driver cards round to test if the same problem occurs. If it swaps from X to Y then its likely a card or a stepper, if it doesn't then it's the belt jumping.
    Tension looks ok, flatbeds do tend to have a bit more slack due to the length of the belt but my second best guess would be a physical blockage jamming the gantry causing the belt to jump.

best wishes

Dave

On second look, i'd look at the gantry angle, if the belt has jumped then it will be trying to pull the gantry along at a crab angle.

best wishes

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    On second look, i'd look at the gantry angle, if the belt has jumped then it will be trying to pull the gantry along at a crab angle.

best wishes

Dave
    Hello Dave
    I very glad about your message. Im thinking about the driver problem because when I tried to move the x and y axis with my hand without turn on the machine it works ok to backward to forward but when I try to do the same process with the arrows on the panel Y axis start to shake and do go anywhere . I guess some of the cables plug out from its of place or completly Y axis driver has a problem tomorrow I will check out the cables on the Driver

What type of motors are being used? Steppers or servos?

Quote Originally Posted by amishx64 View Post
    What type of motors are being used? Steppers or servos?
    its steppers

day 2 still I couldnt solve the problem.
    I check the cables on step motor driver the cable seem ok and the green light is on I couldnt solve the problem

Normally if one wire it not connected properly to a stepper the stepper will judder instead of run. Take the belt off and check if the stepper moved smoothly then try to load it up a bit using your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    Normally if one wire it not connected properly to a stepper the stepper will judder instead of run. Take the belt off and check if the stepper moved smoothly then try to load it up a bit using your fingers.
    i can easily move Y axis with my finger manually but when i try to make it with control panel it gets mad start to shake and go forward and backward it seem like it takes forward signal then immediatly backward signal

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    I was going to say the exact same thing. Do a continuity test from motor to control board and then a resistance test across the individual leads to each coil while disconnected from the driver.

belt shaking problem

belt shaking problem may have two reason
    one is stepper motor
    the other problem may because of the motor basement
    so whats material of your motor basement? platic or how many mm thickness metal material?

tina from gweike laser
    email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]

I solved the problem.The problem was from the cable of the Y axis I changed it and everything was solved.
    Thank you all for your support

Re: Shaking Problem On My Laser Machine

My laser machine also start shaking, finally I get a workaround.

Before switch on laser machine, connect laptop/pc first. Open the cutting tool application (set it to last working configurations)
    Then switch-on the laser machine.
    As soon as we switch-on laser machine it expect some initial commands and if laptop is not connected, machine will not receive initial commands and start misbehaving or shaking.

Also let me know if this work for others.