586,395 active members*
2,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Looking for HAAS Post Processor

Looking for HAAS Post Processor

Hi all,

Finally have a newer machine coming in to our shop. I found a very good condition Haas VF-3B. I do have the posts from BobCAD site already, but was wondering if any of you guys or gals have an 'already tweaked' post for a VF3. I'm sure I can modify a standard post, but been about 15 years since I ran a Haas using their code.

Anyway this one has following and wondered if someone had theirs coded for options like this already:

Rigid Tapping
    2-speed gearbox
    4th axis 8" rotary table
    rotation and scaling
    programmable coolant
    M19 spindle orientation

Running BobCAD V25. Just looking to get a little head start so I can play with machine a little more as soon as it gets here hehe

Don't know about the programmable coolant Tony.Maybe a script,but all said and done albeit it faster just to enter the offsets at 1st run.You can try mine which I use for a Vf2,so far works in V25 alright.There is a lot I have not tried in V25 yet though.Heck I give you one that I use for V23 also,that one is tried and proven.
    Also do not use 4th so do not know if this post is set-up ideally for that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok Thanks JR! Will certainly give it a whirl

(I'm not sure what the coolant is yet either, I'm thinking individual nozzles or something)

The coolant,if anything like mine there will be 14 steps you can adjust in height of coolant for the main nozzle for each tool.Since it is pretty hard to figure where to aim the nozzle without having eyes on the tool and set-up,you just adjust each setting as you run first article in offsets .