586,131 active members*
2,601 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Control panel w/ Gecko 202, Campbell breakout board

Control panel w/ Gecko 202, Campbell breakout board

Here is my control panel that I am building to use with a Light Machine TMC 1000 posted in Vertical Mill, Lathe Project.
    Light Machine TMC 1000 Retrofit
    I drilled all the holes for the switches, indicator lights and AC cords and plasma cut for the fan and 9, 15 and 25pin connectors. I arranged the parts and mounted them to an aluminum plate. Then mounted the plate to the standoffs in the bottom of the stainless steel control box. The control box is going to be mounted under the table with full extension ball bearing slides and pull out by the handles on both sides to access the door.
    The switches in the front of the panel are for spindle, power supplies, fans and coolant with matching indicators. One switch to run the spindle separately so I can use the mill manually as I did in modifying the heatsinks and other small parts. I am using a 35v toroidal transformer that will produce 49v for my steppers. A small 12v-power supply will run the small fan positioned inline with the fins of 3 heatsinks under the 202 Gecko drives on top. I got as far a wiring up the bride rectifier, 2 capacitors and fuse block to Gecko’s.
    The case fan is 110v and will exhaust the air drawn in from the two grated inlets on the door. The door has a louver behind it that will guide the incoming air to the front of the box over the small 12v fan and toroidal transformer. I had to order new 9 and 15 pin connectors for heavier wire. The pins will take 18-gauge wire that matches the wiring harness in the TMC 1000. The new connectors have individual pins to solder on the wire then install in the blocks. The switches, indicators, Campbell breakout board and power supplies are not yet wired. I have to wait until the connectors come in and then the time to continue.
    Here are the web sites to find the parts I used.
    Gecko 202 Step motors
    Campbell Designs Breakout Board
    Mouser Electronics index
    Parts Express Transformers
    Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panel top F view sm.jpg   Panel top R view sm.jpg   Panel closed front sm.jpg   Panel closed rear sm.jpg