586,741 active members*
3,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I see 40 watt tubes on ebay all the time for around $170 (that's with shipping). Are those for a different machine?

I've already acknowledged that I know these machines are cheap, low end, pos, all that good stuff.

Anyway, I give up too. I was told you can't discuss the cheap lasers on this forum without everyone getting their panties in a bunch and I guess that's true.

Well, if I end up getting one I'll post up how it works out. If it ends up being a total waste of money someone else can learn from my mistake.
    im interested in your update review? did you purchase the k40? and if so what was your overall experience with the machine so far? thanks for your input
    '

I was told you can't discuss the cheap lasers on this forum without everyone getting their panties in a bunch and I guess that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ_dude View Post
    im interested in your update review? did you purchase the k40? and if so what was your overall experience with the machine so far? thanks for your input
    '

I did purchase one and so far all is well. I decided I didn't want to bother with the moshi controller (in fact, I never even turned it on in stock form) so it was swapped out for a lightobject dsp. I also went with one of their adjustable tables.

I still think the total cost was a bargain even with the dsp costing as much as it did.

I'm using the machine about 4 hours a day and I've been very impressed with it's performance.

Probably not the route everyone wants to take, which is obvious by this thread in general, but for me it's working out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I did purchase one and so far all is well.
    Hi Toasty can you share your source for the K40? I am still hunting for a good bargain with shipping to the netherlands. I already have a mach3 replacement board on the way.

Page 3 of 3 123