586,426 active members*
3,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 1090 keyboard interface board - video probs (still!!!)

1090 keyboard interface board - video probs (still!!!)

Any thoughts on the 1090 board causing my garbage screen on this 1994 VMC-15XT ?

(so far, video, motherboard, CPU and CPU interface, and even the little connector board all tested and/or replaced). I have also cleared memory and reset all parameters. Three monitors have done it, and the flat screen mounted now is not suspect at all.

I have accidentally discovered a temporary workaround that may help with clues. If i power up and hit the green button, I almost always get the garbage fuzzy screen. LEt it sit 20 minutes, power cycle again and I get video every time so far. THe video is occasionally slightly fuzzy, and occasionaly crystal clear.

One board left alone so far is the 1090-3A. SHould I get this tested? Does that make sense? Also, what others are compatible? (-3, -3B, etc. and what are the differences?)

THanks for any help to wake me up from this 7 month nightmare! haa
    Scott
    http://www.scpconcepts.com

Video

It sounds to me like a power suply issue, by leaving it on a while it lets the voltage build up to the proper level.

Thanks ifix.....5 and 12 VDC all are good. And its also a new power supply as part of this whole sequence of events. Have good 5 and 12 and all kinds of current handling available right on power up.

THanks......

YES a keyboard interface card can cause issues. When the screen is fuzzy open the side cabinet and press one of the red buttons on your CPU and it should clear up.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Yeah carbide, thanks...I have tried the red buttons too.......darnnnnn

Well it may be your breakout board the large one often called the card cage its a 1060 board. I would also follow the cable because often if the machine was shipped with the pendant off it may have a nasty kink in it. Are you also making sure your powering up correctly?? You know the slow way where your holding in the green button until you can feel the relay pop with your finger?
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Hi Carbide. 1060 replaced and tested (i-t-s). "Slow" method every time, with e-stop in. (Haha, I read your recommendation months ago in another thread!)

I had the same idea on cable, as it is the only part of the puzzle not replaced or tested yet, but they want 100 bucks for one and wont take it back. So at the moment , looking for a cable to swap and test, and maybe the keypboard as well to try. Want to "rent" a couple parts out?

Scott