587,035 active members*
3,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New to this CNC stuff

Folks,
    I'm new to this CNC stuff most of what I've done was from the good ole manual world. So this is what I've done; I purchased a G704 and nema 24's for my X/Y and Nema 34 for my Z and a nema 24 rotary for my A axis, I think I have the machine configured but I need help to make sure this has been done properly and someone to help with the configuration of my A Axis. I purchased this machine to do light to medium prototyping and engraving for gun barrels and suppressors. I'm willing to compensate if someone can help me out. Thanks

Re: New to this CNC stuff

Congrats. What kind of issue are you having with the A axis?

Enable the A axis. Set the step and direction pins. Set A to be angular. Generally steps per unit is 200 if angular is your desire. A command of A360 will give a full rotation of the table.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Fastest1 , thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can find these settings, where wold I have the option to submit the command A360?

For the various settings, those will be in the Mach3 configuration drop down. Become familiar with it. You will be there a bit.

You wondered where to put the A360? There is an area called the MDI line. You would need to type in the necessary GCode for that axis and hit enter (if everything is safe to do so). In your case the line would look something like this. "G1 A360 F720" In this case it would mean G1 a linear move, A360 the rotation of the A axis 360 degrees (or a full rotation) and F720 would mean a feed rate of 720 degrees per minute (very slow) It will take 30 seconds for the revolution.
    A lazy man does it twice.