586,488 active members*
2,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Comparison with Micromill 2000

Comparison with Micromill 2000

Has anyone researched, or, perhaps even purchased the Micromill 2000?

How does it compare to the MaxNc machine?

Check it out at www.microproto.com

We are looking for a small machine to engrave aluminum pin handles. Both of these machines seem capable of doing the job. I would appreciate any comments in this regard.

Thanks

Dan

Sounds Reasonable To Me

Smile

:banana: Dan B, I Recently Purchased A Micromill 2000le, As Well As The Microproto Digitizer.so Far I Am Happy With The Machine Itself, It Is Well Built For A Small Machine.after Going Through Many Rather Frustrating Hours Of "the Learning Curve" I Have Realized That The Dos Based G-code Interpreter, Digitizing Software Is,well, Just Basic.im Sure The Folks At Microproto Worked Hard On It Though.i've Yet To Make A Decent Part From The Digitizing Program, Maybe It's Just Me, Or Is Dos Just Weird.the Only Problem I've Had Is With The Digitizer Itself.it Would Be Busy Digitizing Along And Then The Z Axis Would Go Up, Sometimes To The Stop.thank God For The Panic\spacebar Button! So I Got Micro On The Horn And Was Instructed To Adjust The Three Small Adjustment Screws On The Bottom Of The Digitizer, Which Did Not Fix The Problem.so Then I Couldn't Resist The Urge To Open The Thing Up And See What Was In There.lo And Behold It Had Three Mechanical Contacts Arranged In Series So When There Is An Open In The Circiut The Z Axis Wnats To Travel Up,hence The Problem I Was Having.the Fix Was To Clean All Contact Surfaces With Scotchbrite.i Have To Say That I Am Not Happy About Doing That To A New Component That Cost $250.00.as Far As Software, The Millwizard Program That Comes With The Machine Seems To Be Pretty Basic As Well.i Am Playing With The Mach 2 Demo, It Looks Like Something A Guy Could Rock And Roll With, It Will Be My Next Purchase.although I'm Still A Newbie To Cnc Stuff, I Can Already See That Good Software And Common Sense Can Really Put You Ahead In The Game.have You Checked The "internet Special" On Microproto's Site? I Saved About Three Hundred Or So Dollars Getting The Package Deal, Although I Think They Actually Build The Machine On Order-took About 7 Weeks To Deliver.have Fun!!

Isnt that a Taig Mill?
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

yes it is.