586,270 active members*
4,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma OSP700l 1026 Inverter Bridge Short Circuit

Okuma OSP700l 1026 Inverter Bridge Short Circuit

I have an okuma lathe with an OSP700l Control and the alarm random but not fixing it self is a 1026 SVP SA Inverter bridge short circuit z axis. So my qustion is how to fix this. Is there anyway to fix this with out getting the okuma guy down. Is the inverter bridge a board in the back or is it on the axis motor it self?

Thanks

okuma problem

inverter bridge? do you mean the bridge rectifier on the servo amps input power supply? since okuma axis amps share a common supply it might be the power supply causing prob. in any case if that was the prob a fuse or breaker would be blown. Have you checked? It would be one of the controls in the back cabinet. There will probably be one control for each axis and they or the wires will be labeled for x and z axis. There will also be a display/led's on the axis control itself - take note of which lights are lit, what does display read? do you have the maintenance manual and wiring diagrams of the machine?

As for not calling in the okuma guy, there may be someone in your area who can fix it for cheaper. I run a electronic controls repair shop and I specialize in CNC machines, but I'm in the Asheville NC area. Where are you? You could UPS it to me for repair, and it would be much cheaper than sending to Okuma.

Bill Gorz
    Gorz Electronics
    828-206-1686

the bridge rectifier converts AC to DC. there are a few in the machine on various boards. one or more of them is probably going bad. the alarm can be random at first and can be cleared with power off/on but eventually the error will not clear and you'll have to either get it repaired or buy a new axis amp unit or spindle drive unit.

Servo power supplies

If you have an electronics/Servo Drive or Electrician, he may be able to repair the inverter by troubleshooting on the bench.

Must remove the inverter and disassemble.

Look for discolored components, open or short-circuited components.
    An electrician or servo guy would be able to repair using commerically available parts.

try GALCO for inverter repairs too. You can visit their website and type in your inverter's model or construct number.

If not, call them. I've used them when i'm too tied up in other machines to do bench repairs.

okuma servo amp prob

I'll post results of exam after I get it on my bench.

cheers,

Bill Gorz
    Gorz Electronics
    828-206-1686
    [email protected]

okuma spindle prob

leaky gate driver filter caps oozing capacitor juice on the main board was probly the initial prob, 2 bad igbt modules, got the obsolete part blues, they can be had but must send off to the other side of the planet.
    no such thing as overnite delivery from Malaysia or China.
    might have to work on that one.

Bill Gorz
    [email protected]
    gorzelectronics.com
    828-206-1686