586,444 active members*
3,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Controller Tailstock Trouble!

Fanuc Controller Tailstock Trouble!

First off, my knowledge is very limited when it comes to CNC machines. I have BobCAD hooked up to a CNC Mill, however my problem is coming with manually programming a Romi G20 CNC Lathe.

Problem: I program a stop M00 then manually move up the tailstock, lock it in place, then advance the quill with the footpedal. It find the center hole and has plenty of pressure. I hit "Cycle Start" once I have the tailstock in place and it won't continue the program.

I tested the program before without touching the tailstock and the program ran just fine.

Anyone have any suggestions of what my problem could be? I also tried to program in the automated quill advance after I manually moved up the tailstock and locked it in place, however no success.

I am not sure where to begin troubleshooting? Anyone have any suggestions.

Also, I am having a small problem as well after tool changes. I program the tool change and the machine doesn't want to move to my next line of programming. I have been alleviating the problem by adding M-Codes such as turning the Spindle on and off after the tool change and it will proceed. Any suggestions for this as well?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

Re: tail stock problem. There may be proximity switches inside the tail stock body that need to be adjusted. Do you have a manual for the machine? Should be a procedure in there.

Proximity Switch

Before I posted this I wasn't aware of the proximity switch. I was past the limit, however I fixed the issue. I am no longer going past the limit. I am still having the problem of the machine not going to the next line of code because of the quill being advanced. As long as the quill is advanced the machine will not proceed further.

We have a hydraulic quill and I tried programming the quill to automatically advance, however it did not solve the issue.

Still not sure where to proceed!

Thanks!

Brandon

there's obviously an interlock condition that has not been satisfied.
    check for switches on the tailstock body clamping mechanism, tailstock Z-position limit switch, quill out too far or not enough. if turret hooks up to tailstock to move it look for a turret pickup switch. also look for an interlock quill in/out key or software interlock setting in CUSTOM.