586,471 active members*
3,738 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

plain language to iso

we have a bridge port seris interact 4 milling machine with a heidenhain 151/155 can some one tell me how to change it from plan language to iso we are useing mastercam X to write post for it and it writes in iso we are hoping that we have a psot processor that will work if we can change to ISO

Name the program *.I.

Jaguar

Terry, I called the customer (again). *.I will load but they cannot run it unless they switch the control over. They tried. They have done this before but cannot remember how. It seems they cannot find it under the MOD key. I turfed them to Heidenhain. I will call monday and see how they made out.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

UPDATE: A while back they had lost the parameters and when they reloaded them somehow did not enable the ability to change back and forth between conversational and ISO. Heidenhain told us how to correct that.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Needing the Parameter configuration too?

George,

I have a 151 that won't allow the mode change from the mod menu either - can you share the procedure to change the parameters with me too?

Thanks,

Mark

You have scrolled through the available changes you can make to the control under the MOD key? That is where it usually is. You will also need the ISO overlay. It attached to the front of the control magneticlly.
    The customer did not tell me which parameter he had messed up so if the above does not work call Heidenhain at 1-847-490-1191.

George

Yes I did scroll through the MOD key options, it is clear where the mode change should occur but the controller will not accept the change input (works on a friends 151 here), but mine seems to be immune to input. Currently having to manually edit the machine parameters to switch between modes - a bit of a pain and it feels needlessly invasive. I will call Heidenhain. Am looking for an overlay but haven't found one yet.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

switch from plane to iso

here is how you fix it to switch from iso to plane language find parameter 217 and change it to 1P you most likely have 0P it needs to be a 1P

Delbert,
    Thanks for the response - the method you describe is consistent with what I have to do to switch between iso and conversational mode. The 151 can be switched between modes without having to manually editing the codes, but that set of commands under the MOD menu does not currently work on my machine. I would be more specific about the sequence to perform the switch, but my jet lagged brain can not remember the exact menu label and I am too far from my manual to look it up.
    Thanks again,
    Mark

BTW, the P is put in with the POLAR key.

George