Feedback from Jason about OMNI 4'*8' cnc wood router
The wiring in the omni cabinet was excellent. Proper grounding all over and every wire was marked at the ends. It made the conversion very easy. I had trouble with my last build even controlling the chinese VFD from mach with my pmdx 125/107 combo but this time it was a breeze.
The Delta VFD that came with it is a big step up I feel and although I didnt get an individual price for it I imagine that it is a _lot_ more expensive. Also the manual could have been written in england, a big step up from the vfd manual that came with my last 2.2kw spindle.
Today I did cut one small thing. A 50mm diameter pice of 10mm acrylic using an oflute that came with the CNC wood router machine.
I screwed that up as well by not having a pause to let the spindle get up to speed. When I saw it was about to plunge right after turning on the spindle I hit the 'hold', too slowly sot it did start. There is a pause in the video then I let it go.
Still, its something. More than that it's the first something on this machine Once I start to use it I will post more. All I know at this point is that I think I will be happy. It is what I expected. The quality is good where it matters and as I pointed out re the electronics its as good as anything I have seen in european cnc wood router machines. The caveat there is now that I have been rewiring its not quite as clean.
I do know from taking off a cover that the X beam on the gantry has an 8mm thick wall. Thats going to be heavy yet it moves quite nicely at the 18M/M I have it set to.