586,345 active members*
3,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FOR SALE: 3D Subsurface Laser Engraver

Ok, so I have now GOT to sell this thing. I'm moving and I absolutely refuse to bring it with me one more time.

This is a LGYAG-804B 3D Sub Surface Laser Engraver. You can see the original (chinese) manufacturer website here: LG804A_B

All the relevant data is there, but here's a quick overview and caveats:

It's a four head machine, but I always found it was more efficient to use it as a three head machine, as it required re-optimization much more often when I used that fourth head. When I was running off a big order, it was worth it, but for everyday sales, I was just fine with three.

It took between ten and thirty minutes to burn a design into the crystal - I did have a couple of intricate designs take up to 45, but that was rare.

The machine comes with a laptop with some software, but the actual burning software isn't terribly good and the documentation is worse. The software for conversion to point cloud is pretty good, though, both 2D and 3D. The input for 2D is a .bmp file, and the input for 3D is autocad's .dxf. I usually did all my graphics work in Photoshop and 3DS Max on another computer - those pieces of software are not included. Someone with more skills than I could probably use someone else's software and make the whole process much easier.

This thing produces a lot of heat. I had a small (16'x16') space that got warm even with an oversized window unit going full tilt. Even though I'm in Florida, I never had the humidity issues the manufacturer's site mentions.

There is no more warranty on this machine, although I recently verified that the manufacturer is still operational and responds to emails. The unit was produced in July of 2005, and worked fine when it went into storage less than two years ago. There are parts that probably need replaced - like the bulb and the rod, which are both things that have to be replaced occasionally. I think the power cables were cut when it was moved to storage - you'll need either to be handy electrically or hire an electrician. You might need one anyway to get it plugged into an appropriate outlet. I can make no guarantees on this thing - but I can assure you it's not that complex and if you're properly inclined, you can make a lot of money.

It also comes with a lot of inventory - something like 600 of the 2x2x3" blocks, perhaps 200 of the 2.7x2.7x2.7" cubes, 300 2D panes of about 4x5", thousands of some small crystals with keychains, and a few specialty crystals. I also have all the bases for all of these - hundreds of the cheap plastic kind and probably a couple hundred of the rotating AC powered kind. Again, no promises on the condition of these - I know the keychain batteries are long dead, as we had trouble with them from the beginning. You can order the batteries by the thousand online, and those batteries are much better.

I've also got the NextEngine 3D Scanner that I'll throw in. It was meant to be used to scan in models to add to our library, but back when we were operating it, 3D models were becoming more plentiful and better quality than an exterior scan could produce. Still, it's nifty and the people that like the idea of this machine might like to have the scanner. I don't know for sure all the little attachments are still there, so no guarantees here either.

So that's it: This is an expensive machine new - $35,000 or so. There is probably $10,000 in inventory with the machine. There are also a bunch of extra 3D models that I can't put a value on, but some of them made me a lot of money. Because it's old and I'm selling it AS-IS, I'm only looking to get $15,000 for it. I will deliver it anywhere in the United States for $1 a mile from Orlando, Florida. If you want to discuss another shipping option, let me know.

My original plan was to list the darn thing on eBay, but I figured I'd see here first. I'd be asking for the shipping cost up front, and would ask you to escrow the selling cost. PLEASE, make an offer, I don't want to list it on eBay. If I don't get any responses here, I'm going to list it with a reserve of $10,000. If I can't sell it there, I'm donating it to the physics department at my local high school for a giant deduction. So please, offer away.

Have you sold this engraver yet, please advise.

Thanks,

Ron

IS THIS ITEM SOLD?
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

IVAN

Please contacte me at:
    swatbtatprodigydotnetdotmx

Ivan

Please let me know if your machine is still available.