587,006 active members*
3,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HX3040 - Help with Set-up

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum as I'm looking for some help with setting up a laser cutting machine.

I started a new job a month or so ago and one thing they have sprung on me is that they have just purchased a new laser cutter and that I need to 'have a crack' at setting it up - I believe from photos on the internet that the machine is a Rabbit HX3040 (and I think this is what is comes up in Newly draw as).

A couple of questions:

1. What sort of cable do you use with it? It came with a DB25 to LPT, but LPT seems extinct on the PC they have given me so I got a converter to a serial port - would I be better off with a DB25 to USB cable?

2. Do you need any specific drivers etc for the machine on the PC? As the disk it came with has nothing but a video. Do you set it up on the PC like a printer or similar?

3. The set-up video included with it (the chinese one) shows them taking the door off and taping down the safety switch to adjust the mirrors and path for the laser - is this the right way or is there a way in which I wont risk burning my hand?

Also any tips or tricks for set-up would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Sam

HI Sam,

1. As we know, USB cable connect with computer, you could download file from computer to machine, or you could also use U disk, copy file to machine by USB interface.

2. when ship machine, will give CD which have driver and software, you could install them.

3. Before shipment, all had adjust well, please try to work, although, you want adjust mirror, please do not let your hand in the laser light path area.

We have video to guide you how to install or operate machine, maintain machine.

Laser Machine installation video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlk0yfjc3og&feature=g-upl]CO2 laser machine installation.flv - YouTube[/ame]
    Adjust Laser Path Video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EBd73_Buyo&feature=g-upl]adjust laser path.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Really hope all will help you.

Anything what we could do for you, please feel free to email me.

Thanks and Regards

Lucy
    Lucy (Jinan Consure Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd) 0086-18254116182
    Web:http://www.jncslaser.com Email: [email protected] Skype:consurelaser

HI Lucy,

Thanks for the videos - I've managed to get the exhaust fan and water pump up and running, the machine is electrified and I've got a computer with a parallel port on it so the HX3040 (Rabbit) is now all hooked up and I can use NewlyDraw with the control panel to move the head around the worktable and can control it.

The problem I now have is that it would seem that the laser is not firing, how do I troubleshoot this? Any tips anyone?

When I put the machine in the 'automatic control' state with the little switch inside and press the 'test laser' button it makes a little sound and the amp meter moves up a tiny amount but the laser doesn't actually fire. I get the same thing when I use the 'Shoot' button on Newlydraw.
    When I change to 'pentiomatic control' and press the test laser button I get nothing at all - any ideas anyone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sam

Hi Sam,

1) Please make sure, glass tube is full of water, and cycle well. Make sure, water pump, air pump, exhaust fan work fine

2) Does your machine have Safety Magnetic Switch? Its function, when machine cover close, had laser light, when it open, no laser, please check it.

3) Please check if there is laser light inside of glass tube?

Will you please send us some pictures? Then we could check them.

Thanks and Regards

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

I haven't got any pictures yet, but I have checked the magnetic switch for safety and that is working fine and operating correctly. The water pump fills the tube with water and cycles constantly with no problems.

I think the problem must be with the laser tube as I get no light what so ever when i press the 'Test Laser' button in the the tube - and I have checked the power supply and it is definitely in working order (checked with a meter).

Any other ways to troubleshoot a non-working laser tube?

Thanks

Hi Sam,

1) What control system did your machine use? Newlydraw or Leetro?

2) When machin cove cloed, is there laser light?

3) How about show the pictures for Operational Panel, Control box, and, laser tube?

4) Proble questions: water flow sensor?

The important we do not know the machine configuration, we could only guess possible problem.

Thanks and Regards

Lucy