587,006 active members*
3,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC projects in Wood.

Besides the projects listed on the Vectric website and the cnczone thread with all the puzzles, I was hoping people would share websites they use to get projects.
    I do not have a large machine so I look for projects like the Aztec\Mayan Calendar that Arbo and C1 (and others) have been making. The Paradise Box from the Vectric site is a great gift project. I guess the common denominator is the availability of a dxf or stl (if 3D) for the project. The instruction PDF that Vectric includes with a BOM is great but one cannot expect that level of help in all cases.
    Thank You.

Not free (there are a couple free ones) but check this out:

Make CNC DIY Projects & Products

You might find something on the ShopBot, MechMate, and other such forums, but they would be just drawing files and minimal instructions as you point out.

I haven't looked for CNC projects specific sites, but many of the projects from woodworking magazines can be used as inspiration for CNC projects, and scroll saw and other project books you can order online and buy in woodworking stores are useful sources.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Thanks C1, maybe I will just wait to see what you do next
    Thank You.

Try Thingaverse.

It is a sight primarily for plastic extrusion machines but there are items targeting other machines there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drools View Post
    Thanks C1, maybe I will just wait to see what you do next
    I was hoping that you would find the next great project for us before I finish the two P boxes I'm working on this week.

Otherwise, I have accumulated materials to make some of the bird feeders from the Vcarve Pro forum on Vectric. There are enough photos and a dxf file attachment that can be used to make them.

One will be full size and made with red cutting board material and clear Lexan sheet, and the others will be scaled down a little, made of 1/4" birch aircraft plywood and maybe vinyl siding scraps. The smaller ones will be kits of parts with assembly instructions as gifts for the kids in my family.
    CarveOne

I bought the Wood Bandsaw plans from woodgears.ca last year. I really should start the project as I could use a bandsaw. All the parts can be cut on the CNC easier than what I could do on the tablesaw.
    Bandsaw plans
    Thank You.

I bought the Wood Bandsaw plans from woodgears.ca last year. I really should start the project as I could use a bandsaw. All the parts can be cut on the CNC easier than what I could do on the tablesaw.
    Bandsaw plans
    According to the guy on that site, he can do it faster on the bandsaw.

I don't think it was a fair test on that gear cutting video.

Bandsaws are very useful. I couldn't get along without one.
    CarveOne

Bandsaw plans
    I've been wanting to build that for a while myself. Do you get DFX drawings with it?

Nope, no dxf drawings but all the dims are there in jpg and png format to make your own which shouldn't be very hard just time consuming.
    Thank You.

Ready to be overwhelmed?

Attachments - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

Its all the attachments to this thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera..._part_art.html

Every time I visit that link my desktop ends up full of DXF's.

wow, lots to sort through. I think I found that link on my old computer but lost it when I upgraded. Now I just have to figure out a was to strip off all the html tags and be left with a txt or csv that can be sorted.
    Thank You.