586,443 active members*
2,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Upgrading Chinese CO2 Lasercutter

Hi all,

I have a HX-laser 6090 lasercutter for two years now. It does it's work but I am still not happy about the consistency of the cutting/engraving quality. As I had to move the machine and it is now in many pieces(couldn't get it through a door..), it is the perfect moment to upgrade the machine!

Things noticed:
    - Table is never level and it is hard to level it. The thread and nuts to move the Table up and down is of very poor quality. -> Change it to 4x glide axis and 2x proper threads with stepper motors to move up and down.

- Putting the laser in exact focus(or halfway material) works not great. With stepper motor, single reference to 0 needed and then exact movement should be possible.

- At high engraving speed, mirrors can loose alignment due to hard start and stop. New motion card is needed to control in PID/sinusoidal style.

- At high cutting speed, diagonal lines seem to "wobble". They are never straight. Wobble caused again by motion card or something loose in machine?

- I would like to regularly replace the last focal lens so I can switch between 34, 50 and 100mm. Laserhead should support this without having to crew off the whole head and having to realign(or readjust) the whole head. Does a head like this already exist?

Has anyone upgraded his chinese laser with things like above or other things? Really appreciate any feedback!

Hi, Fantasy,

Your machine of cause has some hardware problems, as you mentioned, threads & nuts.

The problem of loosing alignment at high speed when engraving maybe caused also by the loose nuts of the laser head. While when engraving and cutting, you should find the suitable parameters of speed, power, accelerated speed for your machine. Each machine has its own working ability, you should not ask the machine to do work beyond its ability. Too high speed is not right.

I also think your machine setting parameters in the software has some problem.

My customers often have some different kinds of focial lens for different kinds of work. It is helpful. But you also need to find the suitable focial length for them.

Melody
    [email protected]

A RDLC320 controller and LCD panel runs to $400 - you can use this card in your machine as you can configure it to just about any machine , you will run laserworks 6 as well , better than lasercut IMO
    Check all mechanical components for slop, perhaps install some bracing brackets for the mirrors (if they are so badly supported , they can vibrate during normal operaion causing some "wobble")
    The head/nozzle for my Shenui allows easy lens changing , they are $12-15 a pop. You could possibly replace yours , or just have yours modified at an engineering shop.
    Rodney , Cape Town , South Africa
    www.tokerbros.co.za