586,655 active members*
2,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Partner 00 with Centurion 1 controls

Question Milltronics Partner 00 with Centurion 1 controls

Sorry if this is redundant, but I have just aquired a Partner 00 with a Centurion 1 controller. Price was "we will load it if you want it". Machine runs fine for a random time then locks up with the cursor racing randomly across the screen. Brushes in motors have never been changed. question is, If motors are properly serviced, can the electronics be upgraded to something more user freindly? I have experience with the Bridgeport EZ-Trac software and old GO-ELAN software, but would like to translate files from Autocad Release 2005 to this machine (2 axis only). Might entertain a z axis upgrade but really don't need it as this is a home machine shop for parts only. I am not an electronics whiz but have resources who are. Any cost effective ideas out there?

You are unlikely to find a more user friendly control than a Centurion control. As with any new-to-you control, there is a learning curve, but it isn't steep and you can be making parts using the conversational programming screens with a day's training.

When the lock-up occurs, press the E-Stop button to turn off the drives. Does the screen return to normal? If not, the problem isn't in the drive system. Re-seat the cards in the cardcage and check all the connections. Lots of times, moving a machine will jar something loose.

Thanks ZZZZ
    I am in the process of re-arranging the shop and will troubleshoot further upon completion. My biggest fear is memory consumption on a larger program, but one debacle at a time. Might be fine like it is. thanks again

Talking

Reseated the cards and cleaned one motor. Brushes are great. While reseating the cards, found the cooling fan on top of the computer control box in the electrical cabinet on the back of the machine wasn't wired in. No wires to hook it up. Found the cooling fan for the driver boards is also 120VAC, so located the wiring on the transformer and wired the computer cooling fan to the transformer in the same location. I am not the sharpest tack in the box but believe without this cooling fan wired, the computer would randomly loose it's mind, so probably have it fixed. Will try to get it installed in the shop next week, but it interesting that the electrical cabinet came back from milltronics that way a few months back. There were no wires to hook it up, so wasn't a new problem. Thanks for the response

Question

Dang, spoke too soon. Fired the machine up today and it ran OK for about an hour. Then the screen showed a sim disk failure. Interesting that it is so intermittent, but may have to upgrade processors after all. Any ideas?