586,551 active members*
3,478 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kiwa excel colt 510 tool changer problem

New to the forum could use a little help I own a CNC repair company here in Reno I have recently come across a excel colt 510 with umbrella style tool changer. The problem I am having is it lost position on the tool changer I can change tools in manual but not in about process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean, "change tools in manual but not in about process"? Do you mean manual as in tool release button, or manual as in MDI with M06?

You probably have this fixed by now but here is a link that will help with the Excel 510 ATC.
    Shoprag Tips and Tricks from Automation Consultants

Re: Kiwa excel colt 510 tool changer problem

We have a Kiwa/ Excel with a Fanuc OM with 16 tool carrousel type Got that fixed but in the process had to clear the memory and lost all the macros for tool change, etc. Dose any one have these? We backed up the parameters but not the macros and are feeling sort of dumb now. Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried many things but when i call a m19 on MDI the machine orients but as soon as I call a tool change ex- M6 T13 the spindles loosens again and the whole process stays with red feed of on the mdi display the tool appears to be changed but nothing actually happened

Also if I call m19 on mdi and the switch to jog to to do the atc process manually it works as long as i start from the second point not doing the orient step.

Also if i try to do the tool change manually with the atc without doing the m19 in the first part tries to orient, stops and the loosens the tool without doing any more movement.

I am thinking all has to do with the spindle orient not being ready for the m6 or auto cancelling when the process begins .

Sorry about my english..... But thanks with your help

Altered.....

Re: Kiwa excel colt 510 tool changer problem

Hello friend, I just read your post, I also have a Kiwa Excel 510 with fanuc OM control with a 16-position umbrella-type tool changer, I would like to know if you can share your parameters and diagnostics of your machine with me. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PeruCncLima View Post
    Hello friend, I just read your post, I also have a Kiwa Excel 510 with fanuc OM control with a 16-position umbrella-type tool changer, I would like to know if you can share your parameters and diagnostics of your machine with me. [email protected]
    Hola
    Con mucho gusto te los comparto, no estoy en Mexico pero la próxima semana los escaneamos y con gusto los mando, si puede por favor enviarme un correo a [email protected]
    Saludos