Hi, I am the programmer and operator of this Doosan. Great machine but I am boggled. 2 weeks ago we noticed a problem with our product. I make woodworking cutterheads that are designed to fit 15x15x2.5mm carbide knives. Our knives are having a tilt to them and also noticed a bit of taper in the cutterhead I was making. My first thought was to run a test piece and turn with the lower and upper milling spindle to check how much taper. I had enough taper to decide the chuck needed realignment. Go that with a few tenths. Next I ran our tail stock in and turned with the lower and then the upper again. That was out also and now have that in within .001. Our upper is the most important to not have taper. I re-ran a few pockets to check and found erradic number again. Upon more inspection the knives were not fully seating in the back of the pocket yet the fit (width) was correct. The programming looks great. I started inspecting the upper milling spindle more. I found that over 12 inches at B 0 degrees it was out .002 on the side facing the chuck, 90 degrees from there (facing the doors or operator side) it was .004 out. Out of my 1/2 dozen books I got for this machine, including the maintenance manual, It doesnt talk about how to get the b axis in on the 90degree side. the .002 doesnt bother me but the .004 does a bit.

I have reversed the program to put the pockets (14 total just to see if it wasnt a fluke) in for the knife inserts, in the opposite direction just to see, and they were nice and tight again the sides and back. I have spent nearly 2 weeks on trying to fix this issue at this point and I am running out of thoughts.

My one thought is that .004 could be getting me as i tighted up the screw that holds the knife it is out just enough to push the knife away from the back edge in the one direction, and possibly pushing it towards the back edge with i reversed the direction.

Other then that, I have all new tooling in the machine.

Also, this is happening in G368 coordinate rotation mode and normal

any help please