586,963 active members*
2,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tutorials > Make a Hexigon in BobCad-Cam Ver-25

Make a Hexigon in BobCad-Cam Ver-25

The part I am trying to Route on my Torchmate 4X4 router, is a symmetrical Hexagon with the XYZ Zero at the Geometrical center, of the part. I need some How-To in creating that shape, contour, profile, whatever in Bob Cad-Cam, I have no problem making Circles, squares, Rectangles, lines, but so far it is beyond me as to how you create a Hexagon, or for that matter other Parallelograms or Trapezoids. Could someone explain to me how this is done or where I could find a tutorial on the Subject. I have Bob Cad-Cam Ver.-25 Standard addition, not the Pro.

Yours Truly
    Gary Hausman WB8ZZG

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hausman View Post
    The part I am trying to Route on my Torchmate 4X4 router, is a symmetrical Hexagon with the XYZ Zero at the Geometrical center, of the part. I need some How-To in creating that shape, contour, profile, whatever in Bob Cad-Cam, I have no problem making Circles, squares, Rectangles, lines, but so far it is beyond me as to how you create a Hexagon, or for that matter other Parallelograms or Trapezoids. Could someone explain to me how this is done or where I could find a tutorial on the Subject. I have Bob Cad-Cam Ver.-25 Standard addition, not the Pro.

Yours Truly
    Gary Hausman WB8ZZG
    Hi Gary,

Simply create a circle the size you need. Use divide entity by 6 in that case,then you can use point end to create 6 equidistant points around the circle. And finally line join to make your figure.
    There's also rotate, that could be use ,and many more ways Im sure.
    Welcome to the zone

Thanks

Dear Claude

Thanks for the help. I think I will have a good chance of doing what I need with your suggestions.

Yours Truly
    Gary Hausman WB8ZZG