586,275 active members*
3,066 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Grizzly G0704 Motor

The spindle motor on my G0704 mill burnt out and Grizzly has been unable to provide a replacement for three months now. Does anyone here know where I may find a new motor? Thanks.

Don't know about a replacement motor, but if you can't find one, there's always the option of rewinding your motor. Most motor repair shops will do small motors. May cost a good bit more, but it is an option. We do that at the plant I work at. We have some old machines with arbor motors for saw blades that are no longer available. We just send them out for rewinds.

sounds like a good time to upgrade to 3 phase motor with a VFD. 1hp and VFD under $300 and will give you variable speed.
    The best way to buy industrial controls--low prices, fast shipping and superior service.
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua McFall View Post
    The spindle motor on my G0704 mill burnt out and Grizzly has been unable to provide a replacement for three months now. Does anyone here know where I may find a new motor? Thanks.
    Were do you send the motors to? There is only one local motor shop in my area and they do not rewind.

Do you have a pic of the motor? I have one here off my build. What state are you in?
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    sounds like a good time to upgrade to 3 phase motor with a VFD. 1hp and VFD under $300 and will give you variable speed.
    The best way to buy industrial controls--low prices, fast shipping and superior service.
    Thnx for the suggestion but I would not know where to start.

Our motor shop is in another town about 40 miles away, not too bad. We're in central Va. Lloyd Electric is the motor shop. You'll just have to check around for another shop that does rewinds.

I don't know what Grizzly mill my friend has, but he went through a horrible wait for a new motor. When he fired off an angry letter to Grizzly that he paid for his motor to be rewound at a local motor shop, Grizzly Tech said that they could have done that. Check with Grizzly about them rewinding it.

I'm in the same boat. Mine burned out a few days ago. Grizzly said they would cover it under warranty even though my mill is 2 months past date of delivery. I was told 4-6 weeks wait time. I'm dead in the water without it. I have nothing else I can use to make new parts for a tredmill motor even.

Thanks, Connor
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Connor9220 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Mine burned out a few days ago. Grizzly said they would cover it under warranty even though my mill is 2 months past date of delivery. I was told 4-6 weeks wait time. I'm dead in the water without it. I have nothing else I can use to make new parts for a tredmill motor even.

Thanks, Connor
    I am sorry to hear that. I have been very disappointed in grizzly. They obviously have issues with the motors on some of there machines, but have done little to mitigate the problem. I definitely will not use Grizzly again.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua McFall

I am sorry to hear that. I have been very disappointed in grizzly. They obviously have issues with the motors on some of there machines, but have done little to mitigate the problem. I definitely will not use Grizzly again.

Good luck.
    Honestly, I got mine over a year ago right as other people were reporting the issue. I've. It used it very much. Maybe 15 to 20 hours on the machine. I don't think it's an issue with grizzly as much as Chinese crap. Let's face it. The machine is $1200 machine. The Chinese had to cut costs somewhere? My point being I didn't buy it for the motor. I had every intention of upgrading. It just happen to fail before I could do so. Don't judge grizzly to harshly on this. They're at the mercy of the factory on getting the motors. They have been good to respond to my issues.

Thanks, Connor
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    Do you have a pic of the motor? I have one here off my build. What state are you in?

I am away from my shop right now, but these are pics I found on line of the g0704 motor. I am in FL. If your motor matches mine I am sure we can work a deal.

I am away from my shop right now, but these are pics I found on line of the g0704 motor. I am in FL. If your motor matches mine I am sure we can work a deal.[/QUOTE]