587,048 active members*
2,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: diy build

diy build

thought i would share my build. this is my second build. learning alot of what not to do. if you want to see more of my videos my youtube page is d9electro1 thanks for watching and good luck all. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8lD-1EUhXk]cnc router test repeteability - YouTube[/ame]

You do plan on replacing the wood supports for your table? With all the effort you have gone into getting your machine to this point, I would replace the wood with some extrusion or even some square steel tubing, then mount your MDF top on that.

Wood is just too unstable for use as a table support. Another option would be to use electrical conduit struts (available at most home centers) sandwhiched between two pieces of MDF.
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

you cant see it but i have 2" angle welded under the 2 x 6's.about 1 foot apart. and they are screwed down to the angle. i was just building up the bed as i might plan for a water table pan insert later.