586,913 active members*
2,787 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Moldmaking > In search of someone to make custom molds

In search of someone to make custom molds

Hey everyone,

I have looked around here for a bit and decided I need to make my own thread to inquire about what I need.

What I'm looking for is a company/manufacturer/person from whom I can get a custom lure mold made of whatever metal is the most durable and precise. Ideally what I would like, is to be able to create what I need digitally in a program such as 3ds max or maya or Cad (dont even know if this is possible) and have it turned into an injection mold with 10 identical mold spots. The mold/ lures need to be professional quality.

I will need many of these made over the next few months, any information about where I can find someone for this job would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'd be interested. PM me please

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTexas View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have looked around here for a bit and decided I need to make my own thread to inquire about what I need.

What I'm looking for is a company/manufacturer/person from whom I can get a custom lure mold made of whatever metal is the most durable and precise. Ideally what I would like, is to be able to create what I need digitally in a program such as 3ds max or maya or Cad (don't even know if this is possible) and have it turned into an injection mold with 10 identical mold spots. The mold/ lures need to be professional quality.

I will need many of these made over the next few months, any information about where I can find someone for this job would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If the lure looks like so many others I've seen, it is a simple a mold to build.

It's not likely to be machined however. Carve a carbon electrode in minutes and burn a ten cavity base in a few hours with an EDM.

Ditto on any inserts for attaching things.

You'll find 35 years experience as a tool and die maker at [email protected]

Al makes injection molds look easy. He also uses SolidWorks.

L. J.