586,112 active members*
3,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hybrid View

Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hi All,

Just got my new (old) CHNC 1 into the shop Tuesday night. Got it hooked up and trying to get everything working now. It is starting to come back to life, slowly.

I got no manuals what so ever with it, but I have found most of the manuals for the control (Siemens 810T) on line and with help from people like Slant62 on this forum. I found a parts manual and it arrived today.

Problem is that I can't find a manual from Hardinge with basic operation stuff. Right now I can't even figure out how to do a Machine Home. If some one could advise me on how to do a "machine home" I would appreciate it very much.

Also, it was supposed to have RS 232 communications, but I can't find anywhere to hook it up. Anyone know where that may be, or how it is wired in?

Thanks in advance----Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Upload a picture of the control panel to refresh the memory.

Some a little blurry, but let me know if good enough. And, disregard the search for the RS232 port, I found it. The cover was stuck and even broke when it finally opened.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Photo 3 shows a mode select button. I would think it will show mode on screen? Once on zero return or home mode, hold the + feed buttons for each axis until to stops on home? Fanucs usually have a mode select rotary switch. It has been over 14 years since I touched a Hardinge with the Seimens control. Highly recommend you contact Hardinge. They have always helped me in the past, even on older machines.

Thanks for the assistance.

I ordered some seals from a Hardinge distributor and some how they messed up the order. Had them over-nighted to arrive on Saturday and one seal was missing. Lost a weekend of work on it time, but talked them into going to the Hardinge site and down loading a manual for me, they have access. Just got back from Staples and having it printed out.

So, if anyone else needs one I have it now.

Thanks---Mike

Did you have them save it as a PDF file?