586,688 active members*
2,472 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Any experts with CT spindax drives?

Any experts with CT spindax drives?

Well after my long ordeal - I've reached a milestone. I received a replacement drive from Robert at ARPI machine sales - great guy to deal with. Hooked it up and managed to get the spindle running and to a point behaiving as it should - no hunting or jittering....

However I cannot get it to home correctly. At this point I'm wondering if the drive is an incorrect model for my machine. When it aligns the spindle moves around to where the prox switches to the high point of the spindle pulley (it's supposed to home to the middle of that lump - so an extra 90 degrees travel needed) I loosened the belt and slipped the spindle around 90 degrees, however it still aligns at the start of the bump on the pulley. If the pulley prox is activated and sitting anywhere within the 180deg band where the lump is, it'll assume it's aligned. So at this point I cant use the tool change.

My original drive was an SA1100 SNC, I replaced it with an SA1100 SNP, it worked for a little while but the drive was faulty, now have an SA1100S drive on it Is the SN* suffix required for my machine type? It's seeming as if the machine is not aware of the position of the spindle is at and is just using the prox as a home limit?

I know it's an old post. If you still have problems i can probably help.

Did you get my message?
    Bert

Well....

I know it has been an issue awhile back for the OP but.... I USED to have a Cincinatti Arrow 500 with the CT FNC control system on it. It is now being retrofitted. I can tell you that the spindle positioning is kinda funky. There are actually two orientation positions, one is the spindle home position and then there is the actual toolchange position. For instance when I first got my machine running the cat lug on the spindle face would point to kinda the back right hand corner of the enclosure and I had a time trying to figure out why. After some investigation a friend(thank JOE) helped me realize that the toolchange position and the homing position are two different things. You can set the toolchange position in the setup function menu on the control and honestly I would send you the directions for it but I had them on my laptop which recently died and I have as yet been able to fix it nor get a new one and upload the hard disk information to it. It is pretty simple and I got the info from Rob Varney as well as Joe via email. If you want you can contact Rob at mag fadal etc.... He is VERY helpful and a really cool guy. Peace

Pete

Regarding the blown component on your spindax control pcb. A7S smd dual high speed diode BAV99 perhaps.
    Cheers

Thanks for replies guys, I've got a lot on at the moment so will have a good look when I sort out other issues I have.