586,805 active members*
8,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam v9 com port issues...

Mastercam v9 com port issues...

Hi everyone,hope you are well...

I am having issues sending programs to my machine, original post here...

HELP!

For some reason Mcam wont 'lock' itself on com port 1, is there a setting I am overlooking?

I click on 'send to machine',the the 'com' button and set to 1,but it always comes up with the 'failed to initialize com port2' message...?

What do you think I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated...

Cheers!

Trigg

Let's get us talking about the same software

"Mastercam" is the CADCAM application for creating toolpaths
    "Mastercam Editor" is one of the editors that can be used to alter an NC file ( after being "post processed" (posted) by one of many CAD systems). Cimco is another type of editor (Notepad is another basic editor)

These editors can have an add-on to be able to transfer files via RS232-C cables to your machine.
    Within these editors is a settings area to configure the "DNC set-up" to suit many different machines & controls
    They also have the capability to have different SEND & READ parameters, (eg. you can send a file from 1 location on your PC, & be able to save to another - so be aware of which area you are setting up )

You need to create/modify a machine name, then alter the settings for that machine name in the task area you are modifying ( SEND/RECEIVE )
    - the config file in that editor software is the only place you will find it.

Do not use the system config file within Mastercam V9, nor does the settings within mastercam post have any effect ----- unless you are posting from mastercam at the time you want to send

Sorted!

I wasn't saving the NCI file in the folder that dolphin used.

I have got rid of dolphin entirely,but have kept its drawing folder that the Cin uses.

Cheers for your help.

Trigg

If you are using the standard send option in mastercam it is reading the post and defaulting to com 2 review my picture from an old V9 post and change as needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails v9com.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .