586,832 active members*
3,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > KIA SKT 28 TURRET NOISE

KIA SKT 28 TURRET NOISE

Hello my fellow machinist I have a 2007 kia SKT 28lm with live tooling. My issue is a very noisy turret when the live tooling is active. it is not the mill or drilling heads because those are brand new. I believe the coolant has leaked inside the turret and washed out all the grease in the bearings causing them to rattle like hell. Is this going to be a huge job to replace if can even find the bearings?

Do you have a parts list? This should show you how it is assembled and what bearings you will need. I know some of the bearings are relatively expensive.
    Where are you located?

Im located in lower Michigan. I looked at the parts list all they show is the standard turret no live milling at all. The manuals (if you can call them that) for this machine are very generic. If i can get any information it would be a huge help. Model: SUPERKIATURN 28LM S/N SKT28 048 YEAR 2005
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if you got the parts list yet, but I have an image file, but I don't seem able to attach it here. If you send a PM, I will forward it to you.

But i guess you will also need to replace the bevel gear and quadrings. as Lyfordln will supply you the drawing you will see how to disassemble it.

also you can remove the black plate, where the toolnr are written down. Just open the screws and pull it out, then you can see if there is coolant flowing out (coolant inside the turret....)

but i think you are right and the bearings are gone and as there is coolant inside the bevelgear had also no grease, that´s why i guess you need to exchange them, too and also if you are unlucky several other parts as they become rusty?!