I have collected EVERYTHING I need - yea right! I have a huge pile of stuff and I've started assembling it now. I chose to go with the now discontinued No Sleep Studios Plasmabot 3.0 kit due to it using all extruded rail from PBC Linear. I just like the simplicity of it all and it was within my budget.

I am building a full on production machine to start a small business in the CNC Plasma Cutting world. I thought about buying a pre-built machine or a partial kit, but after research right here on the forums, I decided to take the plunge and build from kits available to keep the build time down.

Gantry Bracket Kit - Initial parts order

I ordered my gantry bracket kit from No Sleep Studios NoSleep Studio and as I stated, I went with the Ultimate DIY Plasmabot 3.0 kit which came with the X-axis gantry bracket along with the Y-axis brackets and their backlash Nema 23 brackets - of which I did not use. I did exactly as John said - I made sure I sourced my rail from PBC Linear prior to ordering my kit as they discontinued their IVTAAS rail profile which this kit is designed around. At this time, I also decided I would go with their gear reduction bracketry and placed my order. Everything came nicely packaged and shipped quickly and within the times communicated by John. You are not in the dark here folks, John lets you know exactly where the parts are in production and when they will ship!

After placing the order, I retrieved my BOM or Bill of Materials from my order information page for both the Gantry Kit and the Gear Reduction Kit, and immediately started sourcing parts from various vendors and local supply.

Parts starting to come in

And quickly, my gantry and gear reduction parts came in from No Sleep Studios. Unfortunately, I did not snap a pic of these parts, I was just excited and unwrapped them!

I also sourced a lightly used Hypertherm Powermax 1250 with hand torch. I will later upgrade to a machine torch, but for now the build will be around a hand torch.

I assembeled my gear reduction units per the BOM and came up with some nice, smooth running units.

In the above shown pic, you also see the motor wired up. I used EZG540 DB9 connectors in lieu of trying to source the exact resistor I needed to simplify things. These can be found here EZ-G540 - Set of 4

I ordered directly from the site and they shipped the next day. They are just down the road from me here in Missouri, so I kept my money right here in my home state!