586,461 active members*
3,399 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > cnc shop sabre plasma table having problems with autocad dfx files.

Question cnc shop sabre plasma table having problems with autocad dfx files.

I have a Shop Sabre sidekick plasma table. For some reason it will not cut out my drawings. It gets to a certain point and the "shop sabre controler" software gives me an error message. The torch will stop and will not come back on. For some reason the drawings start in odd places and cuts line for line and doesnt run continuously like it should. For instance, it starts a line cut, stops and starts at the end of that line again then cuts the next segment and stops again. Any help will be most appreciated.

Is the DXF output as splines or lines and arcs?

There are a couple of splines, but the rest of the drawing is lines and arcs. My cnc software tells me (waiting on arc good) and just stops. Do I need to change all the lines to a different line type? I would like it to read all separate lines as one continuous line so there aren't so many torch start points. I've been using Auto cad for 20 years but I'm only just now getting into the dxf files.

What does your machine documentation say it requires of the DXF file? What version of DXF does it need?