586,377 active members*
2,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FAGOR CNC 8050 T Standard Moodern

The battery of my machine is finished. I replaced it but the problem I have lost all memory. I am looking for someone who has the file .PIT (Machine Fagor 8050 T Standard Modern). Thx

:drowning:

FAGOR 8050 LATHE POST FOR MASTERCAM

Hi all
    Can anyone help me? I bought a microcut challenger lathe with a fagor 8050 control and I have been searching high and low for a mastercam post THAT WORKS, and can't seem to get my hands on one, I would really appreciate it as I have had the lathe for about 18 months and still haven't managed to find a post

Not really an answer to your question but I really hope you have been using the lathe in "conversational" mode.
    Fagor "picto-conversational" is incredible and I have programmed many complicated parts without ever wanting to get a lathe Cam module.
    I concede that the programs may not be as efficient as you could make otherwise but this type of machine is not a good design or meant for production work anyway.

BTW - my lathe is identical only an older control (Fagor 8040) and is branded "Turret".
    If I remember correctly around 4000hrs on it.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by KingMd View Post
    The battery of my machine is finished. I replaced it but the problem I have lost all memory. I am looking for someone who has the file .PIT (Machine Fagor 8050 T Standard Modern). Thx

:drowning:
    First things first, when changing the battery on any Fagor control: Change the battery while the control is turned ON. If the control is powered off, once the battery is removed you will lose all information as the control will be wiped back to factory defaults. Only change battery with power off if you have a digital back up of the control's information (ie usb back up file or WinDNC backup).

Second, contact the machine builder. See if they can provide you with the missing information. If they cannot or are out of business (like how most are with the older controls...) then you will most likely need to hire an integrator to requalify your machine.

try contacting the oem you ll need a couple of more then just the plc program and the plc error files most probably your parameters are lost as well so you ll need files for general parameters axis parameters and plc parameters.