586,655 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Serious Question With Regards Bobcad
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hey... Al second that!

Quote Originally Posted by segengineering View Post
    it all seems to come down to BobCad not wanting people to sell on there old versions of BobCad, when they upgrade, (you won't be able to sell your V24, as no one else will get a licence for it)
    This is 100% not true. Some CAD CAM vendors DO NOT let you sell old versions, but with BobCAD you can. There is a license transfer fee that the buyer needs to pay, and you can't sell off extra seats. Otherwise it is completely ok to sell old versions.

Transfer of BobCAD-CAM Software:
    If you are transferring a license of the BobCAD-CAM software to another user, and you have purchased additional licenses, hard lock (dongle) keys or add-on products for that version of the software, all additional licenses, hard lock (dongle) keys and add-on products must be transferred with the original license.

All products must be de-authorized prior to transferring.

3rd party products, support and training are non-transferable.

In order to complete a transfer of ownership of your license to use the BobCAD-CAM software you must submit the following information to BobCAD-CAM:

Your Full Name
    Your Company Name
    Your Contact Information including phone number and email address
    Software Version you are transferring
    Full Name of person you are transferring your license(s) to
    Full Company Name of person you are transferring your license(s) to
    Full Contact Information including phone number and email address of person you are transferring your license(s) to
    You may send your request to [email protected].

Once we have received your request to transfer your software license(s), the new owners of the software license(s) will be contacted to complete the transfer. At that time they will be responsible for a $100.00 non-refundable transfer fee. The transferred license can not be registered to the new owner until the transfer fee has been paid in full.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Hardlocks

Believe it or not hard locks come with their own set of problems. I could list out the reasons of why we currently do not offer hard locks, only to have some users rebuttle me on why I am wrong, so we are not going there.

A little history,

We offered hard locks at the start of BobCAD

Then we went to password protection

Then back to hard locks

& Now we are using password protection.

Every time we changed our licensing there were reasons that both the users faced and BobCAD CAM the company faced.

We do listen and the vote for hard locks have been heard. Management reads this and other forums. We want to make everyone happy and we do the best that we can to provide shops of all size and easy to use affordable powerful CAD CAM systems.

At this time we do not offer hard locks for our current package.
    Al DePoalo

I'll put in my 0.02 since I just experienced a motherboard failure on my old laptop.

Hard drive was removed and plugged in to my new laptop. I poked about a bit to see if I could get the new laptop to boot the old hard drive, get my "de-activation" code and then re-register V24 on the new laptop. It looked like a lot of room for error so I bit the bullet and called BobCAD the next morning.

I called at 8:35 a.m. or so, had a 2 minute conversation explaining what happened. By 8:40 a.m. I had an "activation" code in my email box and was off and running. As Al mentioned, I used the software in Demo mode with no problems for that 12 hours or so that I didn't have a code.

Would I prefer a dongle? Probably. Was it just as easy to take 5 minutes out and make a phone call? Not quite but pretty darn close. I have no complaints about the soft licensing so far.

If I was worried about BobCAD not answering the phone some day, believe me I could find a crack in 2 minutes and would probably be looking for a different CAM vendor in the meantime.

As long as the computer doesn't have to be connected to the internet to install or register. I prefer telephone registering.

I've learned try to Never connect your important work computers to the net, as there is a good chance they will go down with a virus.

Re: Serious Question With Regards Bobcad

Hi Al, I have bobcad v20 that i got in 2008 and never used. I need a post processor for wincnc and warthog router. Cannot get toolpath to g-code. Can you help?
    David Langston

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoworkswood View Post
    Hi Al, I have bobcad v20 that i got in 2008 and never used. I need a post processor for wincnc and warthog router. Cannot get toolpath to g-code. Can you help?
    David Langston
    You reply to a two year old thread instead of just contacting support?
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

You got V20 in 2008 and I got V23 in 2009 ,,,,,,,,,,hmmmm...

You can download a working wincnc post right off their website.

Index of /webfiles/Post Processors/BobCAD

What kind of work do you want to do with your router?
    Do you have any other CAD software?
    What topics are you having a hard time to over come with the V20 software?
    Do you understand G-code?
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    This is 100% not true. Some CAD CAM vendors DO NOT let you sell old versions, but with BobCAD you can. There is a license transfer fee that the buyer needs to pay, and you can't sell off extra seats. Otherwise it is completely ok to sell old versions.

Transfer of BobCAD-CAM Software:
    If you are transferring a license of the BobCAD-CAM software to another user, and you have purchased additional licenses, hard lock (dongle) keys or add-on products for that version of the software, all additional licenses, hard lock (dongle) keys and add-on products must be transferred with the original license.

All products must be de-authorized prior to transferring.

3rd party products, support and training are non-transferable.

In order to complete a transfer of ownership of your license to use the BobCAD-CAM software you must submit the following information to BobCAD-CAM:

Your Full Name
    Your Company Name
    Your Contact Information including phone number and email address
    Software Version you are transferring
    Full Name of person you are transferring your license(s) to
    Full Company Name of person you are transferring your license(s) to
    Full Contact Information including phone number and email address of person you are transferring your license(s) to
    You may send your request to [email protected].

Once we have received your request to transfer your software license(s), the new owners of the software license(s) will be contacted to complete the transfer. At that time they will be responsible for a $100.00 non-refundable transfer fee. The transferred license can not be registered to the new owner until the transfer fee has been paid in full.
    As Al stated, one can transfer a license from a previous owner. However, the previous owner must authorize the transfer. I just transferred a BobCAD-CAM for SolidWORKS V2 license from the previous owner. It required answering some questions and the previous owner had to answer some questions, too. But, the transfer went rather smoothly.

Joe T.

Page 2 of 2 12