586,144 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Vario BF 16 Mill

Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for a while and I have finally decided to built my first CNC mill. I just purchased a Vario BF 16 Mill from Top Maschinen in Germany and I should be getting it before Christmas. The conversion is not going to take place until next summer as I am finishing my co-op work term in December and University starts again in January. I will appreciate any feedback/tips/help with the conversion. :cheers:

Thanks

Sebastian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quantum-bf16-vario.jpg  

i like the dovetails on this one must be great for the petite jobs we get

i wonder how a convertion will work out
    Maybe the connaiseurs would like to tell us something bout that

i just noticed i got the bf20 and this is the 16
    they look so much alike

Hello!

You seem to have a smaller mill but in the same series of mine! I have just started my conversion, perhaps i can help you later (if i succeed) hehe

My thread

/Jay

Hi,

It finally came in late last week! Cleaned it and then had to rebuild the table because it would have broken in two with the weight of this mill. I picked up two workbench tables from Canadian Tire for 15$ Cad each and then just attached the existing table top to them. Each one can support 200 lbs so I will have room for a lathe and not have to worry. Adjusted the dovetails and oiled everything. So far, this machine has exceeded all of my expectations, it also came with 5 pages of telorance checks from the factory. Have tried it out a couple of times, but it is going to sit around for a bit prior to all of the tools and ballscrews come in for the conversion.

Sebastian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill.JPG  

Hey Infiniti how are you liking that mill? I,m looking at getting one