586,655 active members*
3,524 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > ISO 30, ER-16 tool holders?

ISO 30, ER-16 tool holders?

Does anyone know where I could find some ISO 30 ER-16 tool holders? My cnc router uses ISO 30 holders, and all I can seem to find is ER-32 holders for it--except for one from maritool which is likely too long to fit in my machine (ISO30 ER16-100 COLLET CHUCK TOOL HOLDER MariTool).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the reply, but the Techniks site doesn't have any er-16 for ISO 30, and the Travers tool site is about the same length as the maritool one. I'd really like to find a short er-16 holder (like a gage length of 50mm would be perfect) because a longer one won't work properly in my tool changer. Granted, it's not entirely necessary to use it in the tool changer, but it'd certainly be ideal.

This is a tough one to find (we don't carry it), however, ERI America (ERI America - Complete Supplier of CNC Rotary Toolholders and Accessories) seems to have one. The problem might be whether you need and ISO30 with 46mm diameter flange or an SK30 with 50mm diameter flange (everyone calls them ISO). They show one with a length of 60mm not 50 what you're desiring. What CNC machine is it for?

Quote Originally Posted by sfl2012 View Post
    This is a tough one to find (we don't carry it), however, ERI America (ERI America - Complete Supplier of CNC Rotary Toolholders and Accessories) seems to have one. The problem might be whether you need and ISO30 with 46mm diameter flange or an SK30 with 50mm diameter flange (everyone calls them ISO). They show one with a length of 60mm not 50 what you're desiring. What CNC machine is it for?
    It's a Pacer 2512K+ CNC Router (made by AXYZ) with an HSD spindle.

ok you're running SK30 tool holders with the 50mm diameter flange. Check it out with ERI, it seems from their picture their flange is not smooth so this may damage your tool cradles...

Quote Originally Posted by sfl2012 View Post
    ok you're running SK30 tool holders with the 50mm diameter flange. Check it out with ERI, it seems from their picture their flange is not smooth so this may damage your tool cradles...
    So you're saying I should be looking for SK30 tool holders instead, even though the label on the spindle says ISO 30, and the parts catalog from AXYZ also says "ISO 30 cones"

Technically yes... it's the flange diameter you have to be aware of. The SK30's are 50mm, the ISO30 are 46mm. This is the only major difference... I may have a solution for you but must confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by mafitch7479 View Post
    thanks for the reply, but the Techniks site doesn't have any er-16 for ISO 30, and the Travers tool site is about the same length as the maritool one. I'd really like to find a short er-16 holder (like a gage length of 50mm would be perfect) because a longer one won't work properly in my tool changer. Granted, it's not entirely necessary to use it in the tool changer, but it'd certainly be ideal.
    If you absolutely have to have this tool holder, it can be custom ordered. Try Techniks or Hardinge.

I just heard back from the tech at the router company, and it's for sure an ISO 30 taper. I might go with the maritool holder, but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by mafitch7479 View Post
    I just heard back from the tech at the router company, and it's for sure an ISO 30 taper. I might go with the maritool holder, but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know
    Just keep in mind that the HSD ISO30's run with a 50mm diameter flange (this makes them SK30 from a DIN standard point of view, it's only semantics...). Let us know how it works out.