586,461 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MoshiDraw 2012

Has anyone with the cheaper laser machine downloaded and messed around with Moshidraw 2012? I have dowloaded it, have not had much time to play with it yet. Let me know what you think of it if you are using it.

Milt

Hiya Milt,

Short version?? it's rubbish

best wishes

Dave

I agree. I have been playing with it for about an hour, and it is really bad. I would never have imagined something worse than what I already have. Not worth downloading.

Milt

So I take it I should spring for the slightly more expensive crappy laser with newly draw. Or is there a better solution for the cheap laser engravers?
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Many things seem worse than the previous versions. However Moshidraw 2012 does seem to support the loading of more types of files.

I haven't used the previous versions of MoshiDraw, but I don't see quite why everyone rubbishes it so much.

It's quirky and has bugs, but for the price... (your next option is paying $500 for a DSP, or converting to Mach3 or linuxcnc (have to replace controllers) which have major limitations of their own.

My tips:
    Working size is set in the option section on the right
    'SaveOption' on the output to machine screen sets the defaults (it seems to default to inverse and concave, when you want normal and convex for most things)
    The laser head will often get sent off in a random direction and not stop if it is at x0 y0. Just position the head at x1, y1 (or where ever) in the output window to avoid this problem.

Takes .dxf saved in AutoCad R14 format fine. I use coreldraw at present, both for new drawings, and for converting other formats.

I have used Moshidraw for about 7 months now. It does what I need it to do. Converting is an option but not at the price that is being asked. As you use the program, it becomes easier. There are many things that can be done but the take time to figure out. I am just a hobbiest and it serves me quite well. Work with it and it will work for you.

Milt

Files supported in MoshiDraw 9.92
    YZ or BMP/JPG/JPEG

Support file type in MoshiDraw 2012
    •MDR -Moshidraw2012 file
    •AI -Adobe Illustrator 8 (lines)
    •DXF -AUTOCAD R12/R13/R14(line)
    •PLT -HPGL Plotter
    •BMP -Windows Bitmap
    •JPG -JPEG Bitmap
    •EMF -Enhanced windows Metafile
    •WMF -Windows Metafile

I wonder why there isn't support for the YZ file type in MoshiDraw 2012?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I originaly used Moshidraw 9 but just installed Moshidraw 2012. It is buggy but I find it easier to use then the previous versions. The other great thing about it is the Manual that comes with it explains how the software works better than the previous versions did. You pretty much had to figure it out more so on your own with the previous versions. So I personally like the Moshidraw 2012. For my small business this investment was well worth it. The machine already paid for itself and I can use the software just fine from day one. Probably helps I have a background in computer usage and figuring out technical components and how they work a little easier than the average Joe. So I'm sure most of the complaints are people with no technical no how to understand it.

Moshi 2012

I have Moshi 9.85, I was wondering if anyone one could point me to a download link for Moshi 2012, English?

Thanks!

Thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post

I have the new Moshi 2012, but I understand that there are many upgrades that can be had for the program. Do any of you Moshi users out there know how to get the upgrades? I can see files for the upgrade, but they always download funny. Any help would be appreciated.

Milt

I think I have answered my own question, the upgrades are Chinese only. May come later for us.

Milt

Gradutees---you can download the free 7zip program and it will open the file for you.

Milt

You are in the right forum. Everyone here (except me) is extremely knowledgeabe when it comes to lasers. You have had a bad experience, but it can be turned around.

Milt

moshidraw question k40 laser

Thanks for the great advice "mondo50m" and for the link to moshidraw2012.

Just have one more problem that id like advice on.

Ive mastered most of the processes, but still have a problem cutting when using acrylic 3mm. I cant get a smooth edge if the shape is quite complicated. Altered the resolution pulse without much improvement.

Any ideas ?

I would be most grateful.

Mike

[QUOTE=gradutees;1155508]I drove 9 hours to buy my machine from kelinginc with Automation Technology Inc. | Stepper Motors, Servo Motors, CNC Stepper Motors, Stepper Drivers, CNC Kits, Stepper Kits Automation Technology Inc.

We hope you are doing ok, We support all our customers. If you have any question, pls email us. We will do our best. For this kind of machine, there are some knowledges required to get it running.
    High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc