586,129 active members*
2,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hypertherm 105

Hi there, I'm new to this site and have done a search but couldn't find what i was looking for.
    I'm in Guernsey, Channel Islands, Britain and in the process of sorting out a purchase of a Torchmate X and 1650 plasma.
    I was checking with our british supplier of hypertherm for a price of a 1650 from them and they have told me the replacement for the 1650, the 105 will be realesed in june so it may be better to wait till the new machine arrives as it will be alot better. Does any one know if this new machine will work with the torchmate and has it been released in the USA yet.

I have read alot on this board as well as others and havent heard of a release of a 105. Your question would probably get an instant answer from Jim Colt of Hypertherm if you were to post this question in the Hypertherm forum here. He wont tell you if it is scheduled for release (top secret corporate info) but he will be able to tell you if it is available now.

Brad

There will be a new 105 Amp system available late in June from Hypertherm. It is a (3 phase only) big brother to the Powermax 65 and 85 systems. Any machine that worked with the previous Hypertherm plasma systems will easily interface with the new product.

Details of the new product will be available when we officially announce its release and availability as a new product.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by fabtech04 View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to this site and have done a search but couldn't find what i was looking for.
    I'm in Guernsey, Channel Islands, Britain and in the process of sorting out a purchase of a Torchmate X and 1650 plasma.
    I was checking with our british supplier of hypertherm for a price of a 1650 from them and they have told me the replacement for the 1650, the 105 will be realesed in june so it may be better to wait till the new machine arrives as it will be alot better. Does any one know if this new machine will work with the torchmate and has it been released in the USA yet.

Oh Oh Jim... you let the cat outa the bag. Corporate will be looking for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smart.jpg  

Ahhh....but you did not hear me talk specs, nor did I mention a product name or price....

Quote Originally Posted by Teknition View Post
    Oh Oh Jim... you let the cat outa the bag. Corporate will be looking for you

Thanks guys for the info, I was going to repost this on the hypertherm section as suggested by Brad.
    Thanks Jim that has answered every thing I needed to know, just need to wait for our rep to test machine in the next few weeks and get our order in at Torchmate.

I saw this machine at the Australian Manufacturing expo in Sydney last week, it is a lot bigger than the powermax85. There was nothing in regards to specifications although I think it would have similar capacity to the 1650.