Hi all. After much research and a little sweet talking to my finance manager I picked up a G0704 last week. I have started the tear-down process and plan to model the mill in Inventor to start planning my conversion.

A little background... I work for a fab/machine shop as a CAD designer, we have many manual machines but no CNC's other than the plasma table. My main hobby interest for the last 20 years has been R/C. I picked up a 7x lathe around a year ago and was bitten pretty bad by the machining bug. So at this point machining is my main interest with R/C morphing into a medium to produce parts for. This will be a slow build as garage time is limited to around 6 hours a week and I'm very picky about the fit an finish of my parts. I have not ordered any tooling yet but I think that works out in my favor because I won't be rushing to make any chips. I enjoy forum surfing and build threads. I also plan on learning, sharing and contributing to this forum; both in this thread and in others.

Just incase no one has seen a G0704 on a pallet

Got to love China QC