586,489 active members*
2,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad Newbie and Stock Selection

Bobcad Newbie and Stock Selection

I bought Bobcad V24 and and attempting to learn it. My machine is not complete yet but my support time allowance ran out weeks ago before I ever needed to call them. I have been trying to import a jpeg image with Bobart and everything goes fine until I get to the point where I am trying to create a stock layer. I click on the line while holding shift and it highlights but does not select the other lines in the rectangle that was just drawn. I have tried this many, many times using several different jpegs with the same result. I even got the online lesson and followed it to the letter and still no good. This is my first attempt at using this software. Am I missing something. Any help appreciated....

Kenny

Zip up your drawing and post it here and we can take a look. It likely is something simple like the chains are broken.

hk

Dumb and Dumber

As the old adage says "when all else fails, read the instructions". The wife walked in and said did you do this and immediately pointed out a point that I had missed. All is well in Whoville for the time being. I will try to do a better job of reading the instructions. Thanks for the offer of help. I am sure I will need it later....

Kenny

Leave it to the wife to immediatly see our faults or errors!!! Best go give her a kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by thos913 View Post
    As the old adage says "when all else fails, read the instructions". The wife walked in and said did you do this and immediately pointed out a point that I had missed. All is well in Whoville for the time being. I will try to do a better job of reading the instructions. Thanks for the offer of help. I am sure I will need it later....

Kenny
    Damn, you a lucky man to have her!
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I agree that it could be a broken chain, I have ran into that same problem in the past from importing poorly produced pdfs with Bob Art. I have found that sometimes just using the optimization utility on the vectors in question had solved the problem. Just may need some cleanup.