586,796 active members*
2,845 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

So I found this on Craigslist and picked one of them up

Sorgel 30 KVA 3 Phase Insulated Transforme

It's 240V delta parallel to 380V I already have a 40HP 240V RPC so hopefully this will do the trick. I need to have my electrician back out to hook it up.

Any data on the hydraulic power unit would be really helpful as I am going to have to hunt one down. Make model anything.

Also can anyone say for sure is it 3 phase delta or wye in to the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by allenj20 View Post
    So I found this on Craigslist and picked one of them up

Sorgel 30 KVA 3 Phase Insulated Transforme

It's 240V delta parallel to 380V I already have a 40HP 240V RPC so hopefully this will do the trick. I need to have my electrician back out to hook it up.

Any data on the hydraulic power unit would be really helpful as I am going to have to hunt one down. Make model anything.

Also can anyone say for sure is it 3 phase delta or wye in to the machine?
    Watch the output voltages on your phase converter. Get it up and running and then worry about the hydraulics. I think I sent you the manual on adjusting the hydraulics with pressures. While a bit of work, I think you could recreate the pump and solenoid valves. You have all the cabling.

Can you take a good picture of your operator console and email it to me? I would like to see what buttons they have for the hydraulic operations for my machine. Thanks, Marty
    martyDOTescarcegaATgmailDOTcom

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Watch the output voltages on your phase converter. Get it up and running and then worry about the hydraulics. I think I sent you the manual on adjusting the hydraulics with pressures. While a bit of work, I think you could recreate the pump and solenoid valves. You have all the cabling.

Can you take a good picture of your operator console and email it to me? I would like to see what buttons they have for the hydraulic operations for my machine. Thanks, Marty
    martyDOTescarcegaATgmailDOTcom

Hey Marty,

If you PMd me the hydraulic info I never got it. So if you have it please forward along that would be great. Here is the control pic for you.

Cheers, Allen

Hey Marty,

If you PMd me the hydraulic info I never got it. So if you have it please forward along that would be great. Here is the control pic for you.

Cheers, Allen
    Not enough detail in the picture to see the hydraulic movements/buttons.
    I will try and find the information again on the hydraulics. I thought I emailed you directly. Email me your contact info. martyDOTescarcegaATgmailDOTcom

allen, haven't at my shop in a while but next time i am (should be this weekend) i'll look it up.

Some progress to report on this project. I had my electrician out today to hook up the transformer. It was a bear to figure out how to wire it up since it has so many taps and the wiring diagram was a bit of a head scratcher, even with three of us looking at it, but we finally figured it out. And hey what do you know I got 380V power in the shop now.

So I powered on the machine side disconnect and turned the machine on/off switch and the control came right up. Which is a result... sort of. The control powers up when I hit NC On but not much happens when I hit AUX On. Hrm....

Well tomorrow I will get to the back side of it and see what I can make of it.

If anyone has advice or suggestions I am all ears.

Some progress to report on this project. I had my electrician out today to hook up the transformer. It was a bear to figure out how to wire it up since it has so many taps and the wiring diagram was a bit of a head scratcher, even with three of us looking at it, but we finally figured it out. And hey what do you know I got 380V power in the shop now.

So I powered on the machine side disconnect and turned the machine on/off switch and the control came right up. Which is a result... sort of. The control powers up when I hit NC On but not much happens when I hit AUX On. Hrm....

Well tomorrow I will get to the back side of it and see what I can make of it.

If anyone has advice or suggestions I am all ears.
    Well, progess is progress. :-). So did the control completely come on? Any errors on the display? I wonder if the hydraulic system gives any feedback to the control? I take it Emco USA wasn't of much help with documentation? Keep us posted of your progress. Maybe a picture of the video display might help. Someone may know the control.

Marty