586,121 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: maho mc 5 hs

Page 4 of 4 234
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    Your Prices are a lot to expensive, no one will pay you 100 bucks/h for machinig on a quite outdated machine. And your timescale is rather optimistic. If you want to sell your brasscats in early october, then realistic, your machine must run in late August. You will need some time to learn handling, setup and programming of the machine.
    i agree with you 100%. again he claims the machine is "completely operational condition" when there is no proof of that.
    i hope no one is foolish enough to throw their money down this rathole.
    gee, $125 for $5 worth of brass in the shape of kittens and only a 4 month wait, who wouldn't jump at that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by chinli View Post
    gee, $125 for $5 worth of brass in the shape of kittens and only a 4 month wait, who wouldn't jump at that deal.
    youre just mad cause your not allowed to have a kitten.

no need to be mean terence.

oh darn, i forgot to get my order in for the kittens and now time has run out. any chance of starting another campaign terence?

I think we 2 have insulted him and he don't make his cats for us.

eep.

so, electrician should wire up the beast this week, and well see what happens.

i found a video of a machine like mine running though today. it shows how the tool changer works, and how fast it is. about 5 second change, closer to 15-20 seconds chip to chip. rapids are also nice and fast. also shows it air tapping. the machine in the video is slightly newer, standard version, so theoretically mines even faster.

gotta get the damned thing turned on now!

alright. this machine is..... ON!

woot.

ok, so now what the heck do i do with it.

i reconnected every wire in the control, and am 90% sure its all done right.

the machine starts up, and displays error 55. this is "hydraulics not on". and sure enough, they arent. the pressure is at 0, ball lock valve closed.

so according to the instructions, you press the hydraulics on button on the control, and they should pressurise. but they do not.

so after some time reading the manuals and rechecking my wiring, im not sure whats up. anyone have any insight? i know ive read about some tricky methods of restarting them and clearing the error, ill have to do some searching.

i did notice some other things while poking:

- the start screen says a few things are missing. the one that strikes me is one of the input/output modules, which is definitely installed.

wonder if those have any relation to the hydraulics not turning on.

any help would be appreciated.. to move on to the next error message

uuuuser errrror.

ah well, theres a reason i never had a job as an electrician.

the mistake was one of the phases going In to the transformer seems not to have the correct voltage. i thought i had triple checked this, but i guess you need 4 times. one seems to be 1/2 the voltage required. ill have to trace it back. the wiring goes from the 600v mains, to a 208v transformer, to a box, to the maho transformer. i didnt not set up the 208v, and its been mostly used for single phase, so it just may not be wired correctly for 3.

it explains i think why things running on single (pc, lights, etc) were working, but anything with a motor was not.

so, once this is fixed tonight, hopefully the hydraulics will start, and we can move along.

so, after figuring out my mains power was goofy, i fixed that. one phase was simply not connected at all. once that was down, i started the machine and hit the hydraulics button. it made some noise, but no pressure was being gained. i assumed from what i mentioned before, the pump was running backwards. the hunch was correct, and after swapping 2 cables, we got full pressure.

now, i tried many many times, and just could not get the button pushing dance right to get the hydraulics to stay on. grrrrr. then suddenly, after mashing on pretty much everything on the control panel it all goes quiet. the button no longer does anything.

now heres where the stupid comes in. i immediately assume ive broken the button, or relay by pushing it too much. i check all the wiring, and after maybe 1/2 hour of goofing around, i decide its not broken. i can make the pump run by triggering the relay directly.

so i try again and (finally) look down at the error code display. 54. thats an e stop. i then proceed to seek out e stop issues, and after another 1/2 hour find nothing.

its only after all that i look into the cabin... both the Y and Z axes have homed... and of course the limits are triggered, accounting for the 54.

so, nothing broken, and i know at least 2 axes work! woohoo.

and now the problem: how do i get them un stuck, and how do i get these damned hydraulics to stay on?

Re: maho mc 5 hs

oh... um. this machine runs now.

sorta.

I figured out all my mistake. MINE. most of this has been me not knowing what the hell im doing. right now there are 3 problems.

- blown pallet changer hydraulic motor seal - did that Friday.
    - something shorting the spindle drive - been like that since my first bad wiring job.
    - z axis soft limit is failing - this is the one an only known issue when I bought it.

the limit switch issue is either a bad connector on either end, or a bad switch, or a bad reader board. hard for me to tell so far, I need a helper to run the control while I measure with the voltmeter. I cant find a pinout anywhere either, which doesn't help. anyone know the pinout of the philips scale model 2480/30 or similar?

the hydraulic motor should be easy enough to fix.but im actually having a pain finding oil in Toronto, since all mine is on the floor. anyone have a source for this? its dte-25 from mobil, which is an iso46 oil with anti wear additives. the motor shaft is also seized to the pallet arm. not sure yet how to deal with that. it does need to come out to get at the seals. some gently coercion with a hammer and wd40 had no effect so far.

the spindle drive I need to pull out and see whats going on. it trips the fuses on power up, so I have to imagine its a short. maybe a metal shaving, or blown transformer inside. could be something PAST the drive as well. I think the spindle motor fan is behind these fuses - the motor itself is on a different connection and wouldn't be running anyway, but I could see the fan trying to start and tripping the fuse if it was seized.

I think that everything is going to be fixable pretty quick now that I actually know what im looking for.

Page 4 of 4 234