586,770 active members*
8,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Which laser for cutting acrylic?

I'm working with a chinese laser cutting machine for 2 years.(JQ-1621 150W RECI glass tube, working size is 1600x2100mm) The only material we cut so far is acrylic (plexiglass). The material thickness varies from 2 to 20mm, although the thickest material I could cut at acceptable quality was 10mm. I want to buy a more powerful and maybe larger machine. US and European made machines are out of question due to their ridiculously high prices. US/European laser tubes are more expensive than whole chinese laser machines. I read the comments in this forum and people gave quite positive feedback about G.Weike. So that's one of my options. What other chinese laser manufacturers do you recommend? Please share your experiences here. (I'm gonna make the Import by myself -again- which should spare me a lot of money.)

Jinan Wisdom Machinery

Hello,

We are also in the acrylic business with 3 laser machines.
    If you want a powerful Laser tube you can choose from GSI a 200W tube.
    Concerning supplier:
    1. EZCUT from Taiwan it's very, very good, we have one since 6 years working very well.
    2. GNLASER from China it's also a good producer but you have to say what do you want the machine to be built with.
    3. JINAN WISDOM MACHINERY - don't buy from them, very bad producer and and also not honest people.

You also have to make a small study and see if it's economical to pay much more for a laser tube of 200W if 80% of your business it's based on 2mm up to 5mm (my case).

I also have a SYNRAD F200, it's maybe one of the best lasers in the market, but only the price of the sealed laser it's enough to buy 2 Chinese laser machines.

Hi, Dear,
    It is no problem for a Chinese laser with large power to cut a 20mm acrylic well. I have a video post, in which you will watch a video of 20mm acrylic cutting, you can take that for your reference.

TD,

If you are importing direct cut straight to the best G Weike.

Chinese lasers differ very little in construction between each other BUT after sales is REALLY what matters.

The only manufacturer I have seen that provides accurate conclusive aftersales support is G.Weike, SIX of their staff routinely post on these forums (and mine) helping people who don't even have GW machines.

That level of care is rare these days and should be valued above all other things.

I don't much care what nice pretty pictures suppliers post or what promises they make...actions are what does it for me and based on a lot of reading GW are way ahead of the rest.

Before this starts sounding like and advert I should add I don't work for or receive any kind of benefits from GW or it's staff or representatives.

best wishes

Dave

ps: BIG GSI tubes offer little in the way of extra cutting ability, acrylic can only stand so much heat before melting becomes a problem, a 600 watt GSI tube is going to cost somewhere in the $12,000 range to replace and won't really offer much over a 200 watt, control is everything when cutting acrylic, good quality lens and mirrors, good alignment and PLENTY of assist air and you won't see much difference between a 120 watt and a 180 watt.

I just remembered that when I bought my first laser cutting machine 2 years ago, after research on the internet, I stand between the choice of 2 brands. One was Jinan Jinqiang, which I eventually bought and the other was Han's Yueming. Actually the price of Han's Yueming's machine was 2 times the price of Jinan Jinqiang's machine. Did anybody use a Han's Yueming brand laser cutting/engraving machine or even hear about them before?

Lucy Lee

Hi TurkishDelight,
    yes,HAN'S YUEMING laser is one of the biggest manufacture in China,and for many year,if price is not the question,maybe it is also your another positive choice,except us G.WEIKE.

And for bigger power, yes GSI laser will be better choice.

Any others,please feel free to ask us

Best Wishes
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TurkishDelight View Post
    I just remembered that when I bought my first laser cutting machine 2 years ago, after research on the internet, I stand between the choice of 2 brands. One was Jinan Jinqiang, which I eventually bought and the other was Han's Yueming. Actually the price of Han's Yueming's machine was 2 times the price of Jinan Jinqiang's machine. Did anybody use a Han's Yueming brand laser cutting/engraving machine or even hear about them before?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0295.jpg  

Some person advertising here, i hope the buyers should keep an eye out for it. the best way is having a travel to these manufacturers, you will find some of these companys eventually have no factory. that's a joke.

100W, 130W, 150W Reci tube is easy ro cut 20mm acrylic with better effection
    Lucy (Jinan Consure Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd) 0086-18254116182
    Web:http://www.jncslaser.com Email: [email protected] Skype:consurelaser