586,133 active members*
3,928 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Recommendation for New Laser Purchase

I am new to the Laser Engraver/Cutter world but not to CNC. I currently have a 4x8 CNC Plasma Table. My question is which Laser company to select for my purchase. I am looking at G.Weike and another company in the US that sources and sets up/supports Chinese Lasers. Is there anyone else that has bought from G.Weike as a first Laser machine purchase or is it worth the extra money for US support. I am a DIY type of guy and have done a bunch of modifications to my plasma table. I would like to save the money and go with GWeike but at the same time don't want to end up with a $6000 machine that I can't get to work. I don't mind taking the time to learn the machine and i don't have a business that requires instant setup or cannot afford downtime.

Weike without a doubt, read around here and you will see their level of after sales support is second to none (and even better than some inside the US).

You can have hassle with a home sold laser much the same as an overseas one and that's no reason to believe you will get any better support.

In the UK we are lucky, we have less sellers to worry about and in reality only have a choice of one (HPC) for home grown sales. (there are others but none I'd currently even consider)

best wishes

Dave

You said a few things there that stuck out to me... it's not mission critical for you, you don't mind do it yourself projects, and have some CNC experience. You can 100% figure out an imported machine... combine the manufacturer's support with the group here at CNCzone, and you'll do just fine.

There are a few guys here that are in the process of setting them up as first time machines - jasonharris22 has a thread going on his right now.

I'm a huge G Weike fan, too... drop Melody there an email - she's been incredible for me.

That said, US support is a necessity for some people. I've talked to John at Hurricane... great guy with a strong following of users.

(the other) Dave

G.WEIKE LASER

jmusser15,
    we are gald to know our company is one of your choice,we can't say every customer from G.WEIKE is satisfied,but to make every customer satisfied is our biggest goal,

ANy questions,please feel free to contact me

Best Wishes
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by jmusser15 View Post
    I am new to the Laser Engraver/Cutter world but not to CNC. I currently have a 4x8 CNC Plasma Table. My question is which Laser company to select for my purchase. I am looking at G.Weike and another company in the US that sources and sets up/supports Chinese Lasers. Is there anyone else that has bought from G.Weike as a first Laser machine purchase or is it worth the extra money for US support. I am a DIY type of guy and have done a bunch of modifications to my plasma table. I would like to save the money and go with GWeike but at the same time don't want to end up with a $6000 machine that I can't get to work. I don't mind taking the time to learn the machine and i don't have a business that requires instant setup or cannot afford downtime.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GWEIKE factory.jpg